A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: blurry fonts...

This is my first attempt at making a flash site. Please give me your opinion and ideas... I'd like to thank all of you people in advance for all of the help that i've got already by reading thru these posts... I do have a question that i'm sure somebody could help me with. I placed everything in the movies on a whole number with the "x" and "y" coordinates but the text still looks a little blurry, but if you zoom in on the movies - everything looks great... any ideas?

http://www.pompano.net/~ken-korn/

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    To make text look sharp you have to make it dynamic text.
    There is a checkbox that you can toggle as to if your text is selective (highlightable) or not.

Right now most of the text is set as dynamic - the main blocks of text are pulled in thru external text files. I didn't choose the option to make it selectable, tho. Does that make it look sharper? I'll give it a try, thanks for the reply!

i've heard a rumour that if you use even rather than odd point size it displays better

havent tried it myself

regards,

kieran

Thanks for the replies... I did use an odd numbered font size (for some reason???) and I had read those pages but they didn't really make a difference... I noticed that when I publish the html pages in %'s rather than pixels it made the text look much clearer at my res (1024x768), not too bad at 800x600, and blurry again at 640x480... Is there a standard as to how you should publish the html's? It seems as if Flash "shrinks" the movie in the html page when you publish in pixels... When I test the movie while editing it - the file plays in a much larger size and clearer than when I publish it with the html set to pixels...

Does this seem normal to anyone?
    [Edited by kleek on 02-27-2002 at 12:02 PM]