A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is for the stickman groupies...

its not there, its not because of how i installed it lol

i ment reinstall cause i file may be corrupted and its not loading correctly. Or you did something to it. Were they gone right when u first opened the program? Take a screenshot of ur desktop with ur program on and lemme see. If you dont know how do the following:

#1 Press Print Screen Key
    #2 Go Into MS Paint
    #3 Press Ctrl+V
    #4 SaveAs
    #5 email me it.

whats your email bro?

tbrock2@cogeco.ca all u have to do was under my post it says the word email or check profile hehe

Swift3D V1 did not have a cube button. Either type a period and give it equal dimensions or draw a square in Flash and export it to .EPS before importing it into Swift3D.

[Edited by RUSHVision on 03-01-2002 at 02:02 AM]

look:

http://www.escalix.com/freepage/dext...ctures/box.jpg
    [Edited by dmb_87 on 03-01-2002 at 01:01 AM]

Dmb that link didn't work!! oh well i think im gonna get Swift 3d v2... is version 2 much different than 1? can anyone give me some examples of the differences?

version 2 is a better, faster version with more tools/tricks than version 1...

Post Boxes?

Originally posted by krazieness01
    Hi guys, not sure if this post is still alive and peeps are reading but i was wondering how the heck you draw boxes in Swift 3d 1.0. Cuz it seriously only has Letters, Circles, Cones and Torus's but not the main thing which is a box.... help me out please!!!!
    I used to have Swift 3d ver 1.0 And if you don't have ver 2.00 yet, you can still make boxes. Use text, and select font to wingdings. Then click on the character button that shows all of the characters , and pick a solid square. Then click apply. Then click on the new square, and set its depth to about 0.600. That should make a cube.

Well i now have Swift 3d v2 and as you can see i dont like fluffy bunny slippers actually, thats just what got replaced when i started talking about warez... i have now payed for my version of v2 and i find it to be alot better now... i will post my newgrounds address to it when i have finished... seeya!

Good man.

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    before i got s3d2, here's what i did for the camera tricks( almost like xiaoxiao) i shot everything with no characters just the camera moving around. all in all, around twenty shots. anyway, after importing, i added the characters and everything looked cool.

aevium ~ How about posting a link so we can check out your results?

Not that I know anything about SWIFT..but if he is talking about the "look" of his stick men being from SWUFT...couldnt he just export it as a solid color fill...no lines..etcv..etc...and get what he would get from FLASH? Sorry if I am WAY off base here...I only read bits a pieces of the repitition..I mean POSTS...lol

-whispers-

Ummmm I'm new but I read somewhere that the xiaoxiao dude made the movies in 3d Studio Max and then used some vector 3d to 2d plugin for it to make it all 3d and 2d. And I just like to know can anyone tell me a good flash program to use since I started using swift3d v2 and it is way harder than I thought it would be, and before that I was using 3d Flash Animator, and i thought that was really good but I want something cooler, with motion blur feature. Thanks

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    motionblur is post processing, so anyone could do it. just add three or four layers of descending alpha and watch your motion blur.

That's pretty cool. Wouldn't just have to be a duck, though. It looks like it could be adapted for a decent raptor gait or one of the mechanized combat units with the backwards jointed legs as well. Did you have plans to do something more with it?

trying to put skin on it. but swift 3d only has a minimum rotation of 5 or 0 degrees is too jerky at 5 and it's a pain in the arse at 0. so here is my official request for 1 through 4 degrees rotation increments. in the mean time i was waiting to see what the swift3d/mx plugin was like.
    in the mean time mabey you could tell me if you get the same results with my model when you load it in swift 3d;
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=319793
    [Edited by BlinkOk on 05-30-2002 at 08:23 AM]

I know you guys are using Swift 3d v2. I use Swift 3D Max the most. I'd hate to sound like a goober but... If you're into 3ds max at all it would be extremely easy to get the look and effects you're going after.

You could create a stick figure in max using splines and then on top of that you could set up a bone structure to the splines.

When your bones are set up... animate it however you want.

Also to get that matrix effect you could apply a camera to a circle path or whatever path you want the motion to follow.

Be sure to check the "render spline" check box and then you're good to go....

azz_kicker aka Foley