A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Play next frame

Play next frame

Ok so I'm trying to figure out the object actionscript to assign to a right arrow clip so that it will go to and play the next frame of it's own movie which 15 frames down the line has a normal stop action so that the clip can be pressed again and then move onto the next stop action. I can't specify which frame for it to goto and play because it's just a generic next arrow which I'm trying to use for the complete length of my movie. So to sum it up, how do I make a button clip just play. I've tried a few obvious ways which don't seem to be working. Is there some kind of target path even though it exists within the same movie? Do I tell "self" to play?. Thanx anyone

if i understand well

I am not clearly understand that. But you can use the _currentframe to locate the frame you are now working on.
    In the arrow, you can add the actionscript like this:
    gotoAndPlay(_currentframe+1);

Hope it helps.

Re: if i understand well

Thank you Ghost. I will try that and then tell you if it turned out ok. We newbies should stick together. Feel free to ask me anything you have a problem with and I'll try to help you work it out.

No Luck

This is the actionscript I applied to the button

on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay (_currentframe+1);
    }

Is this what you are talking about ghost? It looks like it should work. I even went into expert mode to write the code and it accepted the syntax when I went back to automatic. So it is valid as I'm sure you already knew. Anything more you might be willing to add to this thread?