A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: blurred bitmap fonts

I wonder if somebody can help me out with
    this problem;
    I have a external .txt-file which i am loading into a flash file, this text is totally blurred. It even looks bigger then the none imported text. Strange thing is that the same font with the same specification is ok when it is not imported from a ext. textfile.

I know about the even coordinates (x and Y), anti aliased and exportsettings, so i guess the problem isn't in there. Does anybody know what i could do to solve this problem?

Thanx in advance

Fernandez Diaz

question authority
    I had this same problem. It seems if you import a text file and have the font in the dynamic text box embedded, the font will antialias.
    My workaround was to use a standard font like arial or verdana. then you do not embed this font, and the text will not anti alias. you will even save a couple of k on your file size

Monkii
    Thanx for replying,
    but offcourse i want to specify my fonts, which is not possible this way you're explaining me

question authority
    it is not possible with an external loading text file. you must specify a font that exists on the end users machine, so you are pretty much limited to the standard internet fonts.
    cheers,
    m