A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subway

If you were to describe yourself in five words what would they be?
    twisted, creative, smart, extreme, crazy

Member Nr.:
    16 (From the very start of it)

Name:
    Fredi Bach

Username:
    Subway

Picture:

Pet:
    No, but I had 15 cats when I was young

Where based:
    Zurich, Switzerland

Favourite cliché/quote/phrase:
    " "

Favourite Website/s:
    the websites where I can find all the news I like (Of course there are lot of pages I love cause the design or concept is great like http://www.requiemforadream.com)
    http://www.flashkit.com
    http://www.heise.de
    http://www.zdnet.com
    http://www.cnn.com
    http://www.xengamers.com

... and of course I like all the links at my LOL project here: http://www.lolseekers.com

Favourite Cocktail:
    Gin Tonic

Hobbies:
    Skydiving
    Scuba-Diving
    Games

Best holiday location:
    Aya Napa (For Parties)
    Empuriabrava (There's a big dropzone )

Best games:
    Final Fantasy (6 to 10)
    Silent Hill 2
    GT 3

Best movies:
    Apocalypse Now
    Fight Club
    Matrix
    Pulp Fiction

Best books:
    Imagica - Clive Barker
    followed by a lot of books from Steven King and Dean Koontz

Best music:
    2 Step & UK Garage (Uk Club tapes)
    Hip Hop (Jay Z, Nas, Outkast)

Belief:
    I don't belief in any religion, but I know that there is an afterlife. I see things a lot from a science point of view, so belief is nothing for me, but with all the NDE researches, I'm sure that there is something more then what classic science know.
    http://www.nderf.org
    http://www.near-death.com
    http://www.ndeweb.com

System:
    Mac of course.

Coming technologie I'm really interested:
    PS3 cause Sony is really inventing things. Distributed Computing and a Cell CPU is not just putting components together, it's highly forward thinking.

Dreamjob:
    Game-Developer (Lead Designer or Producer)

Flashing since:
    Flash version 2. I've started about three months bevor the release of Flash 3. Some members here maybe known me from the legendary flashers.net community

Awards:
    I've won every award on FK (Site, Game, Source)
    My mysterydancers.ch site actualy won 8 5+ awards

My most interesting Flash work:
    A fractal machine with a lot of functionality and a really nice formula
    http://www.mysterydancers.ch/test/flashstylist3_0.zip

Fredi
    [Edited by Subway on 06-19-2002 at 11:14 AM]

Ok, this is an interview happened in the Coffee Lounge. The whole FK community vs. me. Here's the thread

--------------------------------------------
    gecko2: Which other mod do you dislike/hate the most?

Subway: Flashguru. I don't really hate him (He's a really good addition to this board), but we had some great fights here about a year ago.

vampstko: i haven't seen him around lately. Which member can the boards do without?

Subway: I don't wanna name someone, but there are allways some "kids" here that just post cause we are a big community with a lot of discussion going on in the CL. Most of those "kids" get banned really fast for the good of the community.

chrisvo69er: What colour of knickers are you wearing?

Subway: Black.

chrisvo69er: So you wear knickers!?

Subway: No, but if I would, then black would be the color.

SJT: IF you had to choose between the internet and never eating sausage again, which would you choose and why?

Subway: Sausage can be replaced with something else. The whole internet not, so the awnser is clear.

Jessica Rabbit: If you could invite 10 people to a dinner party (including yourself) alive or dead, famous or not, who would they be?

Subway:
    10. Me
    9. & 8. Albert Einstein & Isaac Newton (For the science discussions)
    7. Mark Fennell (I still don't talked with him face to face)
    6. & 5. Ken Kutaragi & Hideo Kojima (I love gaming)
    4. & 3. Bill Gates & Steve Jobs (For the party fights)
    2. Valentino Rossi (He's a great guy)
    1. Jesus (I wanna hear the real story

Jessica Rabbit: Jesus and Einstein were on my list when I got asked that question too.
    I'd be really interested to see if Jesus turned up!!!

gecko2: I you had to lose one part of your body to save someone's life, what part of your anatomy would it be?

Subway: Hmmm ... which part of the inner body was not really usefull?

Jessica Rabbit: Give em your appendix

Subway: Yeah, maybe that would cure me from some problems. (Anyway, I would never give that away)

jezza: Why do you keep stalking me?

Subway: In your dreams?

SJT: How soon will you get irritated by this thread?

Subway: As soon as my boss stops me ... ups I' don't have a boss.

asheep_uk: Who would you most like to get off with from FK?

Subway: Slimpixi of course! No questions please, that's privat.

phlegm_thrower: how did you get started on Flash (or whatever your specialty is)?

Subway: I started with HTML after about a year of designing party flyers. About two weeks after the HTML start I saw the first Flash 2 site (The Graphic Home). After that experience it was clear to learn Flash. Two months after that I started teaching Flash on a bigger school and started my own Design Company. That was still bevor Flash 3 was out. Since then I use Flash a lot, but still like to do print design.

gerbick: did you ever solve your save to postscript issue you were working on with that shape making projector file you created earlier? Also, would you help me with an idea for part of a site. You never e-mailed me back

Subway: I e-mailed you. Anyway, the postscript issue is on wait, too much work right now. Maybe I will use the programming language of Cinema 4D to do a 3D version of the tool first. Only time will tell.

]v[orpheus: If there could be one word left in the dictionary what would it be?

Subway: lolseekers -> people that is searching for a LOL.

Damaso: When will you get married?

Subway: Still on hold. But if I ever get married, there is only one women that it can be. (Till I found a better one j/k)

Damaso: Can I be your best man?

Subway: No!

fruitloopdesign: yet another is... can you handle the pressure? where are you?

Subway: I don't know pressure. I'm a designer and as a designer pressure is not good for your creativity, so if there is a way to get around pressure, I use it.

jamble7000: What happened?

Subway: Tricky question! A lot, a lot is happening all the time. Most things you just not realise.

asheep_uk: ooo! Can I be that strange man in a banana suit in all the photos...

Subway: What photos? Anyway, you can be whatever you want, just close your eyes and let your phantasy take over. If you don't have any phantasy, try to buy one in the next supermarket.

Damaso: can you hear me now?

Subway: No, you have to plug your mic first.

wouter999: Would you want to run into Jezzball in a dark alley? And if not, why?

Subway: I'm a big fan of horror lecture, so why not.

toony: Houston we have a problem

Subway: That's not a question. Joking, I was off some hours, doing some real life things like eating, moving from one place to an other ... I hope you can still remember this things.

toony: Eating?? thought you didn't have time for that in the CL.. Who do you respect the most within you family?

Subway: My father, I have all my art/design talent from him. He's a great non digital artist. The others ... I really don't have anything to talk with my sister and mother, bad but true.

toony: Thanks Fredi ... No one in my family really understands how i fill about my hobby (cartooning/animation) maybe why i spend most of my time with you lot! (well in A&A, i'm a CNO follower)

Subway: Hehe, great. Sometimes I life in my own little world. If there will ever be a brain interface that moves the worlds in my phantasy into "real" cg/game like worlds, I would stop real life. Phantasy and creativity is a great thing, sometimes better then real life. Real life is just too much bound to physic and political rules. Oh, and don't get used to one subject, phantasy is not only design, it's the whole thing: Code, art, writings, ideas ... much everything you can think about. That's why I love all aspects of creating things, anyway what it is, they more you know, they better and more interesting your work gets.

Vox98: not to be rude. Why did you start this thread?

Subway: Cause I was bored. What did you think, this is the CL

phlegm_thrower: who do u really want to emulate? apart from your father

Subway: I don't emulate my father. He is doing art very different, with pen and brush and ... with his hands. I don't have that talent. My talent is where computers and programming get involved. I was never someone that "emulated" other works. I allways searched my own way thrue life and the things I love to do and I'm very proud of that way, with all the goods and bads happened.

gerbick: who would win in a fight? godzilla or subway?

Subway:
    If you talk about godzilla in a game: I will win.
    If you meen the godzilla from the movies (If movie Godzilla would be real): Godzilla of course.

phlegm_thrower: do u consider yourself to be an ACTION kinda guy (jump in the deepend, try new things) or a STRATEGIST/THINKER (find out as much as u can about a certain things before u go and do it)??

Subway: Action. If I get interested into something I try it out. I get bored really fast when I'm doing a thing over a long time if the thing don't has a lot of different aspects. That's why I love the web, it's like a second world sometimes, with all the different things to explore.

toony: being able to be go invisible or able to fly..which on one & why?

Subway: Invsible. Flying would be a great thing too - I love skydiving - but the possibilities you have if you are invisible would be even better. There would be so much things to explore.

WMLeeBo: What is your Favorite...
    1. Book
    2. TV Show
    3. Movie
    4. Game
    5. Supermodel
    6. Day

Subway: Game, cause it can be much everything from the above list.

Runes_Tooth: Where did you get the name Subway?

Subway: Hmmm, that was a long time ago. I needed a nickname for my flyer works. I loved London. Underground - not mainstream was the way I tryd to achieve with my designs. Something that way, I just get used to it after a while.

Runes_Tooth: What is your favorite color? What is your computer's wallpaper? What is your offices wallpaper? What color is your hair? Are you left-handed or right? Do you prefer mustard to ketchup? Do you use a cell phone while driving? PC or Mac? Sausage or Pepperoni?

Subway: Huhhhh ... one at a time please.
    -Color: Not really one, but warm colors like red, orange ... are great.
    -Wallpaper: Thta's changing very fast, at the moment a cg render from Final Fantasy X. In the office: Erotic art and skydive pics.
    -Hair: Dark blond
    -Hand: Right
    -Ketchup (I don't like mustard)
    -Driving: I don't have a driving licence.
    -Mac (and PC for some tasks)
    -Sausage, but nothing against pepperoni

Runes_Tooth: When is your birthday? What is your favorite sport? Do you use a tablet or mouse? Do you own a pet?

Subway:
    Birthday: 3.Sept.1975
    Sport: Skydiving
    Mouse
    Pet: No (But I had 15 cats when I was a chield)

Runes_Tooth: Wallpaper: What is it? The one with Titus standing in the water???

Subway: No, the one with Lulu. She's looking really hot in a CG about hmmm ... four hours into the game, but I never found a screenshot from that sequence on the net.

spideyjunior: who is ur favourite supermodel?

Subway: Adriana Sklenarikova (She should only change her name, I allways need some time to remember it)

hollywood: You said you liked skydiving. How many times have you jumped?

Subway: 22 jumps. I starteed skydiving last summer. Not much time right now, but I wanna have >50 jumps after this summer.

label: If you could be someone else for one day, who would you be? Someone who is alive of course.

Subway: Valentino Rossi at the day he wins a Moto GP race, that must be a big thrill. If I had more then one day, I would love to be a famous women and explore theyr world.

iCEBERG2000:
    1) Can you please give me all your Actionscript powers?
    2) Have you been getting a hair cut and ready to post a picture of yourself?
    3)

Subway:
    1) If I could? ... No, if that meens I loose it. Yes if not.
    2) Yes and yes, will post one today.
    3)

Damaso: Got Beer?

Subway: I'm not really a beer guy, but you can allways have one if you come to visit me.
    --------------------------------------------

Fredi

<3
    Poor Subway, having to reply in his own thread
    You know we all love you

Originally posted by Saint Benedetta
    Poor Subway, having to reply in his own thread
    You know we all love you
    I love to talk with myself.

Talking To Yourself

Daily Herald April 25, 1980

Many people talk to themselves, silently or aloud. Some become upset if they catch themselves talking to themselves. There is no reason for them to feel upset. There is nothing wrong with them. Talking to yourself is good for your mental health, as long as you realize you are talking to yourself, and say good things to yourself. Stepping outside of your skin and having a good look at yourself helps you to better understand what you feel, and also, how you are behaving. Others may do this for you, with the intention of helping you, but it is only when you actually have that chat with yourself that you really believe what you hear being told to you.

One important rule when talking with yourself is to focus on positive messages about yourself and positive actions you can take. At those times when you are not consciously talking with yourself, you tend to give yourself a great many negative messages. Humans tend to remember and focus on unpleasant memories and events much quicker than they retain happy thoughts and ideas. It takes self-discipline and self-awareness to control this.

Talking to yourself, or "self-talk", is helpful. It gives yourself reassurance and reminders about behavior and activities you feel good about. Nobody else is as good at complimenting you, as you are, yourself. Since the purpose or intent of much of your behavior is unknown to others, you might have to wait a long time before anyone else compliments you on it. When you are working towards a goal or a change in life, your feedback to yourself, through self-talk, reinforces your successes. There is nothing wrong with giving yourself a pat on the back.

Talking to yourself can let you escape into fantasy. This can be fun-filled and tension relieving at times. But remember, you are enjoying a temporary escape into fantasy. Be prepared to come back and face reality in due time. People, other than young children, who live excessively in world of fantasy and don’t realize it, need professional help.

Having a chat with yourself, is a helpful way to motivate yourself. Silently think of words or phrases, which will help prompt you into doing what you want to do. Don’t wait for others to motivate you. It’s your goal at stake, not theirs, so you might wait a long time. You are the best motivator of yourself. Talking an issue over with yourself gives you a chance to explore your options and strategies without having to put a total effort into attempting each of them. There may be many solutions to a problem. Yet once you begin one path of action, you may be committed to that path. Talk over the various advantages and disadvantages of each option with yourself. It helps you to avoid risking failure by having to settle for the first option you can think of.

Rehearsing how others will react can be done by putting yourself in their shoes, giving yourself their likely response, and then in your own mind, deciding how you will respond back to them. This is useful, when you are preparing to deal with a social situation, in a healthy, assertive manner Talking with yourself can be a useful aid for coping with life, but only if you keep in mind that talk is just the first half of success. The other half is action, which is what you need to do after you finish that talk with yourself. Otherwise, you become all talk and no action.
    Do you need anymore reasons?

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

With Teeth
    Hey Fredi, forgot you were here! Not posted in flashkit for ages.

Then again, you have yourself to talk to if you get bored...
    *I'm amazed that I survived, an airbag saved my life*

Better talk with me at Rogot World, ya know, it's just that little bit more privat.

Fredi

like WO!

Well, your a moderator of yourself, aren't you.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    Well, your a moderator of yourself, aren't you.
    Mostly.

Fredi

Ooh! I never got a chance to read that interview until now.
    Pretty hilarious.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Originally posted by Veniogenesis
    Ooh! I never got a chance to read that interview until now.
    Pretty hilarious.
    Yeah, pretty serious questions for the CL.

Fredi

How was Flash 2?

Originally posted by mxkidz
    How was Flash 2?
    The functionality was very ... hmmm ... thin, but it was still possible to do very interesting sites with it. There where basically just one usable timeline (no movieclips, so the sub timelines where of no big use besides for the button states) and no scripting language, just the possibility to jump to specific frames and open urls. Here's an old review: http://www.desktoppublishing.com/reviews/flash2.html

Flash 3 changed a lot with the addition of movieclips.

Fredi
    Last edited by Subway; 09-01-2003 at 05:48 AM.

Wow. Scary. The earliest version I used
    was Flash 4. I'm such a newbie.

Hm... I wonder what Flash (1) was like?

Originally posted by Veniogenesis
    Hm... I wonder what Flash (1) was like?
    Probably a Nightmare for MX Users

There was no Flash 1. Flash was previously owned by FutureWave and was then called FutureSplash (before that CelAnimator).

Never used them. I got Flash 2 after reading the first review in a mag and did my first website one week later. (That was even before I did my first HTML site)

Fredi

Wow. Crazy...

I wonder what happened to FutureSplash.
    *goes off to do research*

They were bought out my Macromedia.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

lol I know that. I mean, do the people work
    over at Macromedia now? (Like, are some of
    the guys who develop Flash these days, the
    same people? I'm guessing so.)

Ah. Whatever. lol. Stupid question.

Yeah most probably, you cant just fire the creators.