A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S troops may go to Georgia = Russia+USA **********?

US sources say that U.S. Soldiers may be training and advising the Georgia military to fight against Chechnya rebels. Georgia, which itself declared independence from the Soviet Union in 91 may be holding
    al Qaeda fighters. Al Qaeda is believed to be linking with Muslim separatists in Chechnya.

Could this create tension between US and Russia? Should US troops go?

(((R)))

who cares..US has prob already done it!

Who cares.....well since i saw a "how to look like your working thread and other pointless topics
    I thought I would throw this out. FK to me is a good
    place to talk about any topic.

But thanks for sharing your informative view. : )

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by radarmind
    US sources say that U.S. Soldiers may be training and advising the Georgia military to fight against Chechnya rebels. Georgia, which itself declared independence from the Soviet Union in 91 may be holding
    al Qaeda fighters. Al Qaeda is believed to be linking with Muslim separatists in Chechnya.

Could this create tension between US and Russia? Should US troops go?

(((R)))
    After the long Afghan war, I would imagine much of the population doesn't much care what happens to muslim fanatics ( I'm inclined to say muslims period)

The russian government may condemn it, or voice its opposition, but that is soley becuase the russian government does not want any of its buildings destroyed.

why would russia be stressed about this?

russia asked the americans to help in chechnya when the US asked them to be part of the alliance against afghanistan, citing that it was the same problem.

i doubt russia will be anything but pleased.

A common enemy to the US/Russia appears to be radical Muslims. But many are worried what strain this could put on the realationship between east and west. Georgia has always been a sore topic with Russia since the russia revolution. Georgia is wealthy in many natural resources, especially oil. As we know Oil and the Bush administration is a much heated debate.

Russia has always had a distrust of USA (They should, I don't blame them). Russia is very upset over the past Olympics. Russia in the public eye was never able to accomplish what the US did on Afghan soil. And now The US has potential of quickly wiping out Russia's problem of Chechnya rebels (with supposed Al Qaeda forces)

why would this put a starin on east west relations? Georgia has, despite their differences, always been one of the most cooperative of the new republics. I also doubt anyone really gives a hoot about the olympics.

and the US does not have the potential to quickly wipe out russia's problems in chechnya.

the al qaeda are in chechnya, always have been, no one is denying that. What america gathered it's allies for the campaign against afghanistan the russians refused to allow them access to russian air space unless they helped then with chechnya. I would assume that all of these manoeuverings are simply part of an overall deal prearranged with geogia and russia.

Señor member
    Originally posted by radarmind

Russia has always had a distrust of USA (They should, I don't blame them). Russia is very upset over the past Olympics. Russia in the public eye was never able to accomplish what the US did on Afghan soil. And now The US has potential of quickly wiping out Russia's problem of Chechnya rebels (with supposed Al Qaeda forces)

What have the US actually achieved in Afghanistan?! They certainly haven't been there for months trying to find and kill one man ... If I remember my history a bit (not certain) the taliban retreated extremely quickly when the Russians went in and then spent the next ten years taking pot shots from safer high ground. I see a startling similarity with the speedy retreat of the Taliban when the US moved in ... another Vietnam on the way?

The US armed forces have an alarming habit of making a meal out of nothing and problems that most competent armies in the world would take less time to win through. I'm glad I'm not in the British Army, we usually lose more men to American "friendly fire" than the enemy!

I'm not trying to stir up anything but I did feel it necessary to point out that while well equipped, the US Army on the whole are suprisingly incompetent!

I think the Chechnya forces can be beat. And Quickly.
    Yes Georgia is cooperative. But Moscow is showing signs of stress and Anxiety and fear a military build up.

Foxnews----
    Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov told state-controlled ORT television
    Wednesday that the U.S. military presence in Georgia could "further
    aggravate the already complicated situation" in the region.

Alexei *****ov, the deputy head of the Russian parliament's defense
    committee, said that if the United States wants Russian cooperation in
    the war against terrorism, it should consult with Moscow about its
    military deployments in the region.

Build Engine Builder

...there are just so many snipets of newzzz...zzz..zzzzz

America spends more than the total budget of the next top 15 countries on "defence"...

The Awful Truth (anybody seen it?) caught a quote from a weapons inspector that stated "America doesn't allow inspections in it's own country" (illegal) ..even thou they harbour decaying chemical and biological weapons!

And today I heard Bush as saying that "releasing certain CIA documents" proving (in this case) a falsely accused and subsequently released man as innocent and worthy of compensation...... *pant* ..as being "counter to national security"

translation :: Truth == National Secrecy........???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~--------
    *thinking 2 1-self* {But this really is a public place and i'm kinda tired so v-Late at nite ..zzzz.zzz.zz......

USA, England, Australia, Germany, even Japan has the capabilities of making an biological weapon. It's called preventive measures.

maybe if we dropped them, the civilized countries would be a whole lot safer, eh?

the truth = too many paranoid people in the world.

Everything the US does causes trouble with Russia.

Build Engine Builder

*yawning*

Originally posted by gerbick

the truth = too many paranoid people in the world.

[/B]
    TRUE INDEED, but I'm asking what postions they hold (like the chiefs of ENRON getting their money out J.I.T.

again. an american company.

you want corruption? try looking at the shaky bank loans and bank fraud in Japan. Makes Enron look harmless. Enron cheated people. The banks in Japan are hurting the country.

what is up with the left wing paranoia!?

Build Engine Builder

maybe I'm putting words in your mouth...

Originally posted by gerbick
    again. an american company.

you want corruption? try looking at the shaky bank loans and bank fraud in Japan. Makes Enron look harmless. Enron cheated people. The banks in Japan are hurting the country.

what is up with the left wing paranoia!?
    J.I.T.... just in time (a truely original Japanese concept of the 90's

and to think, I thought that was a british emperialistic thing.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by jamble7000

What have the US actually achieved in Afghanistan?! They certainly haven't been there for months trying to find and kill one man ... If I remember my history a bit (not certain) the taliban retreated extremely quickly when the Russians went in and then spent the next ten years taking pot shots from safer high ground. I see a startling similarity with the speedy retreat of the Taliban when the US moved in ... another Vietnam on the way?

The US armed forces have an alarming habit of making a meal out of nothing and problems that most competent armies in the world would take less time to win through. I'm glad I'm not in the British Army, we usually lose more men to American "friendly fire" than the enemy!

I'm not trying to stir up anything but I did feel it necessary to point out that while well equipped, the US Army on the whole are suprisingly incompetent!
    well first the taliban was not in power during the Soviet Invasion. But yes the afganistan resistance did resort to gorilla warfare tactics.

I would like to make a point with vietman and the U.S.' failure there. It is impossible to win war without fighting a war. It was not the army that causes the problems but the politicians limiting the militaries targets. Every target in vietman had to be approved by a senate comitte.

The french knew how to deal with veitnam, the french recruited former SS officers from germany to "deal" with the local partisans.

"America doesn't allow inspections in it's own country" (illegal) ..even thou they harbour decaying
    chemical and biological weapons!

A little bit away from the topic but ok.

-You can figure out what kind of weapons the U.S. has by flicking on CNN. I could tell you where nuclear triggers are made and how to drive there. Its not that big of a secret. Of course the U.S. has Bio and chemical weapons. how else are they going to prep defenses against rouge countries that would use them as offensive weapon (Iraq vs Kurds?)

The U.S. should and continue to develope new Bio/chem weapons as a means of research for protection.

TallGuyLittleCar,
    Did not know that about french and the SS. Intresting!

Originally posted by jamble7000

What have the US actually achieved in Afghanistan?! They certainly haven't been there for months trying to find and kill one man ... If I remember my history a bit (not certain) the taliban retreated extremely quickly when the Russians went in and then spent the next ten years taking pot shots from safer high ground.
    The Taliban were not in power when the Russians went in Afghanistan. It wasnt that they retreated quickly either....the Russians have stated that they lost because they could never win. They would bomb and bomb and bomb, yet the enemy would continue to rear its head.
    This isnt really the case right now. There hasnt been much fighting in months. Maybe it will start up again, who knows....the main point is..the terrorist harboring Taliban arent in power anymore, and most likely never will be again.

[/quote]
    [/QUOTE]

BAH!! More competent than the British and the Russians though right?!! :P