A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help me with my game attempt

Ok, so im trying to do that famous game, the one where you control a snake and start grabbing parts of your body and your body starts growing so its more difficult. got it?

I already did the basic movement, all thats left to do is:
    when the snake grabs or "eats" parts, to add it to the snake, and that the body follows the same path that the head did.

i don't know if you understood me, but could someone please download my fla to see it?
    http://www.geocities.com/superjoex/snake.fla

if this doesn't work try this
    http://www.geocities.com/superjoex

the link to download the fla is at the bottom, thanx

thanx again for trying to understand
    i don't have any idea of how to do that.

I already figured out the part that the body keeps growing, but i'm still tryin to get the whole concept of the game to work, cuz every time you turn, the snake leaves a copy of the body the place that it turned. the problem was that the movieclip was on "enterFrame" and thats what it does every frame, so thats like adding a new body fragment to the snake on every frame, thats 60 body parts a second. thats a lot I'm still figuring out the rest, so i'll let you know when i get it.

ok, i'm pretty sure this is gonna work, its not really working for me, but see for yourself:

on the snakes head, divide it in half, so theres a front part and a back part. in the "hitTest" action, put the action to the front of the head and the body part. then atach the body parts to the back part, and dont put any hitTests on the back part of the head. see, after i studied the game after the repeating movieclip duplication problem was fixed, i saw that everytime the snake turns, it goes to a new frame and the new head of the snake sees that the body part is hitting it, so it attaches another movie clip and just leaves it there. so you have to make two parts of the head, so that the part that hits the body wont make it duplicate. ok yea that was really confusing, but dissect it and see if ya know what i mean. The only thing i'm stuck on is that i can't get the body part to attach to the head of the snake, take a look and see if you can get it to work.

????? cant get it to work