A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLASH MX - IS IT SENSIBLE???

Goldmember

FLASH MX - IS IT SENSIBLE???

I am wondering if I should get the new Flash MX when it comes out. But I'm also wondering if it is a sensible idea. Is flash MX really that good? Is it something everyone else will buy too? I am thinking this as I (of course) have my own website, and I would like to know if Flash MX will over rule Flash 5. So... Should I or shouldn't I buy it?

Senior Moderator
    That would be a choice that you would have to make yourself based upon how important and how valuable you think the new features in Flash MX will be for your new website or your clients. View the feature tour on the Macromedia website to hlpe you make a decision.

Angry

I guess it's like any software upgrade, eventually you will have to update. The competition will, so you will have to also. It always happens.

Evan

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. yes
    5. yes

the answers you're looking for.

mg33

Goldmember
    So I should upgrade... Does anyone know how much the educational upgrade will be? I do qualify for it. Part of macromedia.com is down so I can't tell the price, but can anyone at least guess for me? Thanx.

I'm gonna upgrade

I've been slowly trying to learn flash over the last month. The things that really worried me seem to have been somewhat solved in the new version. Such as dynamic content (the cost of generator), scrollbars, video, etc. I'm not even going to waste my time with v5 if the actionscript has been overhauled too.