A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: latest Flash MX news

Forget about the price!

I can't believe this cool group of people are talking about the price of the new flash.

It's just fine, it's the industry standard pirces for full and upgrade versions of most of the design applications out there (with the exceptions going to many 3d and CAD programs).

To those unable to fork over the US$200 for the upgrade, I have to wonder who you got the full version in the first place.

Personally, I'd like to see this thread go back to talking about the new and exciting features of the MX version of flash.

Ben
    http://www.hopping.com

Re: Forget about the price!

Originally posted by skeksis
    I can't believe this cool group of people are talking about the price of the new flash.

It's just fine, it's the industry standard pirces for full and upgrade versions of most of the design applications out there (with the exceptions going to many 3d and CAD programs).

To those unable to fork over the US$200 for the upgrade, I have to wonder who you got the full version in the first place.

Personally, I'd like to see this thread go back to talking about the new and exciting features of the MX version of flash.

Ben
    http://www.hopping.com

AGREED!

Originally posted by Ed_Mack
    Sure, why don't you pay for it for me?
    No. That's why you have parents and/or a job.

The closest I've came to jobs was a paper round, and then some paper work for my dads restaurant. My current version of Flash appears to be the academic version (Non commercial).
    non-commercial? you only need $99.

1500 for support? Were you expecting SoftImage to just give you support? If you're going to spend on Softimage, then that shouldn't bee too bad. Anyway, you could always make a film to pay off for it, as I'm sure you would.

guess what, I paid it, without any complaints. I did not sit back, think that I was given that program for free. nor did I get some hacked up/warez version. I knew the deal when I wanted to go into 3D.

I also did it with absolutely no help from my parents. I had a job. I was taking 21+ hours a semester. I had a double major. and I had to do it because it was my career goal.

You can't cut it? tough.

get a new career/major.

Freelancing, would I ever have to make physical contact with clients? How long would they expect a project to get finished (you set the dificulty and time).
    it was just an option I gave. there are others. if you never freelanced before in the past, maybe now is not the time to start.

Anyway, I probably don't have $99 in my bank account.. Maybe in my not ot be opened until I'm 18 account, but I can't use that.

um. cut grass perhaps?

You're talking to somebody that has endured a lot to get where I'm at. It's a daily struggle. Most of us here have had to struggle.

You will find no sympathy from me. You will find only encouragement from me.

Good luck to you.

Originally posted by gerbick

You're talking to somebody that has endured a lot to get where I'm at. It's a daily struggle. Most of us here have had to struggle.

You will find no sympathy from me. You will find only encouragement from me.

Good luck to you. [/B]
    my head nodding up and down in agreement with ya gerbick

good luck kid, the world is a tough and wonderful place

I'll Pay so long as it does what they proclaim it to do!
    just be happy you dont have to pay for some of MS development tools. (now there a whole load of crap you couldnt buy buggier software if you tried)

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by TheTrooper
    wooowwww

who spilled the * WHINE *..... I cant afford $99 bucks, it take me 14 hours....???

I mean really, are you cats like 12 years old or what?

Somebody break out the mushroom brushes so these lamers can get the sand out of theis pussies
    im 16

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by gerbick
    You can't cut it? tough.

get a new career/major.
    one question? Is interactive new media a career major or is like 3d?? I will need to know this and everybody i've talked to, doesn't know anythig!

Originally posted by Sybersnake
    one question? Is interactive new media a career major or is like 3d?? I will need to know this and everybody i've talked to, doesn't know anythig!
    man, when I graduated in '96, I had to do a dual major of Computer Science and Digital Media via the School of Fine Arts to do any 3D and design that was solely computer related.

over the years, I have strayed away from 3D and have become almost solely a programmer. Flash is my re-entry into both design and 3D.

as far as now, I would say that an Interactive Media from a major university is good. but, it may get you locked into a niche. I was lucky enough to have a second degree/discipline to fall back on when I left the 3D field. - about the same time as the dot com drop off too.

however, it's all up to you.

Who wants a copy of Flash MX?

abelius, I hope you mean a contest. otherwise...

...otherwise nothing, I am afraid. This is a question that tends to calm seas -if you understand what I mean.

And thanks for asking, gerbick...

sure.

ok, I don't get it.

a happy undergrad

Here's a student in Utah that bought a legit copy of F5 and only has to pay a little more for the newest version, which I can easily make back doing small freelance on the side - I'm a very happy camper - mmm...video...mmm...Love, J_red

Good, j_red! Congrats on your attitude, happy camper

question authority
    attention lamers: stop whining about the price - it is freaking boring.

If you cant afford it, you can pick up a copy of flash 5 here for under $70.
    I believe some ok sites have been made with flash 5 in the past.

coldfusion instead of generator

From what Macromedia has told me, coldfusion will replace Generator. So I guess if you are serious you need to shell out more cash for macromedia's ColdFusion app. I'm not really sure about all this because I'm still learning, but that's what Macromedia told me this morning

Well, sorry, I can't go and mow the grass, I've got hayfever

And if I got the educational version, then I can't do freelance.
    [Edited by Ed_Mack on 03-06-2002 at 03:16 AM]

Flash Developer on a break
    .plan
    1. Find a client.(That's the hard thing...)
    2. Make something for them.
    3. Get money.(Nice thing..)
    4. Buy FMX. (REALY nice thing.....)

That's my .plan. I am not complaining, and I know I won't buy FMX between now and 3 months, so I have some small time. My backup plan is to save money every month from my salary from the supermarket.

Don't think of the problem, but on the solution. -Jeroen

well, ed... wear a mask and goggles.

or stop finding excuses.

either way, in under two weeks, I'll have MX.

video...mmm...