A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: photoshop+flash

Smile

does anyone know any tutorial or tip sights for using photoshop 6 made graphics with flash? any help would be apperciated

The same as anything else. There's really no "trick" to it, you create your graphics, hopefully know a little about size issues and such, save your graphics, import them into Flash.

That's it in a nutshell, I don't think it's something that really requires a tutorial. Any version of Photoshop is the same. Hope you get what I'm saying.

Beyond that, there are other issues like image sizes, file sizes, preloading images, what image format you use, etc. But at the bare minimum, you create graphics in Photoshop, save them as .jpg's or other formats (not psd, though) and import them into Flash.

mg33

Mmmmmmmmm

personally i would never use j-pegs from photoshop in flash as flash automatically re-jpegs them causing undesirable results. now, i know there are ways round this but i find it gives the best results to export bitmaps from photoshop (or png if you want to preserve transparency).

one more thing that i've noticed with flash and image files is this

if you have only one frame in your flash movie and you export with jpeg compression you get ultra crisp results compared to if you have two or more frames.

STRANGE STUFF

does anyone know why this is and how to get round it?

(maybe i should have started a new trhead for that one)

Have you tried removing "smoothing" from the properties dialogue? Have you tried messing with the JPEG quality in the same box? Have you tried creating a symbol out of the JPEG and reducing the alpha to 99 instead of the default 100? That's weird.

Re: Mmmmmmmmm

Originally posted by qualehead
    personally i would never use j-pegs from photoshop in flash as flash automatically re-jpegs them causing undesirable results. now, i know there are ways round this but i find it gives the best results to export bitmaps from photoshop (or png if you want to preserve transparency).

one more thing that i've noticed with flash and image files is this

if you have only one frame in your flash movie and you export with jpeg compression you get ultra crisp results compared to if you have two or more frames.

STRANGE STUFF

does anyone know why this is and how to get round it?

(maybe i should have started a new trhead for that one)

u r very rite...but the reason is not know...there was a thread here on this issue too!....basically i think its a tut somewhere which tells u that if u put your images in seperate swf files..and then use them!!!
    well what the heck it works!..but donnot why!