A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash mx still screws up the images :(

I don't know If I'm missing something here... but the new F6 still has problems with image dimensions, I still have to use the 100.1% trick to make flash display the images with the correct sizes.
    I know macromedia is aware of this bug since F5 I think because in their support pages they suggest setting the image dimensions to 100.1 or 99.9% instead of 100%. I really can't understand how these kind of obvious bugs weren't addresed after 2 years of development...

I mean after 2 years one could expect some serious improvements, like time-based animation instead of the obsolete frame-based system, and a much more advanced timeline based on splines, you know like in AE or 3dsmax, for instance.

Yum, Max's track view.

Do you mean the way images fill up to two grid lines?

Using a time based timeline, wouldn't that require everyone to be on equally fast machines? Most modern 3d games have a frame rate, which alters accordinly. With a 3d engine, you can't just ask a computer to do somthing impossibly fast becuase that timeline says so.

I have never seen time based timelines in action, so I have no idea on this subject

Goodnight

Hi, time based means that you can manipulate actual keyframes directly with time measurements, instead of doing it by hand, for example, let's say you have an entire composition in flash full of movie clips and stuff that that lasts 2 minutes @ 30 fps, If you later want to make it longer, 5 minutes for example, you have to insert keyframes manually in every single part of your composition by hand (which is extremely tedious and time-consuming), but if you were working with a time-based system, you only had to specify the length of your composition in time units, and the program would add or remove the keyframes automatically.
    You work with time, but in the end everything is translated into keyframes.

Sorry if I got this wrong, but who says that you have to insert keyframes manually in every single part of your composition by hand?

Just do Ctrl+M (Windows users) and set the fps you would like this to be...

But that only changes the speed (FPS) at which the movie is played, I'm talking about extending the duration of the movie and keeping the same fps.

I see. Let's see if MX let's us select more than one layer's frames at the same time and drag them "longer" or "shorter"...

Thanks for responding!