A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video with no synced audio?

Wink

In the thread (http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=276326) Pope De Flash said that though you can import video into Flash MX, it won't contain audio. Can anyone confirm this?

That doesn't sound right. But anyway -I saw the post- and I think I'd rather wait. ...the heck!

MX will happily import both video and audio.

Pete Santangeli

Flash Developer on a break
    Of course you can import audio. But what the pope ment was that FMX doesn't import the audio of an imported video file. And I belief him(even how sad the news is), cause as far as I know he's a beta tester.

Yes, actually it does. The video support is quite deep in the tool and player, and there are many ways to deploy it. Audio is in fact imported (or loaded) along with the video. Audio preview only happens in test movie though, for some technical reasons. All will become clear in less than 2 weeks.

And, uhm, you can believe me too :-)

Pete Santangeli
    Vice President of Engineering, Flash
    Macromedia Inc.

Wink

whoa!!!that was classic.

ok. I have a question about audio that maybe pete could answer. Seeing that this new version is osX ready and willing. Is there a way to do cool link parameter stuff with flash...let's say a specific outside parameter driving animation. For example) a sound file has peaks and lows...in adode after effects you can assign an certain parameters of that objects behavior(scaling , tint, rotation) to be controlled by the changes in the audio. if you add different audio the object moves differently based on it's set parameters.

and the fina opart is could a mac type system like Opcodes MAX actually talk to flashMX to perform these kind of things.

cheers