A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Eye4u.com recent redesign

Has anyone noticed that one of our Flash founding fathers has redesigned their website, or is in the process of doing so? http://www.eye4u.com (Click on the new site link up top on main page) Such a shame, I liked the old one better, but this is still aiight.

Me too. The original site had so much impact on me, it got me interested in Flash at the first place.

Maybe they were touring around here and watched everyone belly-aching about how much they hated intros... After all, that's really what eye4u was no? A big ass intro?

Times change. Yes the original was nicer, I must agree - but it was also getting very dated no?

J

The old site was a demonstration of what using vector graphics could mean for a Flash intro. It was made years ago right, before Flash began to take off in mainstream webdesign. All-in-all, I think their new site is a step down. I would have to agree. There is no cutting edge use of Flash here, like they had on the original site.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

True, not as nice...

But.. Look at this clients..
    He is obviously doing some BIG time work, for big names.

Probably too busy to do his own site.

good for him, if that's the case then client work should certainly be a priority, i know i don't have time to finish our own site!!

IT SUCKS ..... compared to the old one

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by opengeo
    Has anyone noticed that one of our Flash founding fathers has redesigned their website, or is in the process of doing so? http://www.eye4u.com (Click on the new site link up top on main page) Such a shame, I liked the old one better, but this is still aiight.
    I checked http://www.eye4u.de. Yes, it is a good site. But from the guys of eye4u one expects something more impressive.

Ihre alte Site ist doch besser. Warum wolltet ihr die in dieser Richtung aendern?

it`s the sort of site youd expect from a flash hobbyist, i think. Dont get me wrong, but theyre obviously cabable of far better.
    QETRET

They're established...

So what if it "sucks" (your words, not mine)...

OK - it's not as engaging as v01 granted, but how the hell are we going to pass opinion, when we don't really know the score?

Maybe there's some reason it was toned down... Or maybe it's time.

Thing is though, when they boys decide to launch a newer version, we'll all be biting at the bit looking for it, to see if it's based on 01 or 02.

meh.

J

I love it...it's all about having fun doing it ! and from the looks of it...they have had they're share

Clearly, one can see these guys are good from looking at the other sites in their portfolio. But, c'mon, we all would have expected something better out of an eye4u redesign right? This is one of the very first sites I saw years back and was amazed when I saw it. Now, the competition is fierce, and it seems like eye4u has lost interest in being the innovator. Site still is great though, just not cutting-edge or innovative.