A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLASH MX DOWNLOAD?!?!

Re: actually....

Originally posted by dud
    I think that it is not entirely his fault, I would haf done the same too, flash is too expensive and I cant buy it on the net becuz i got no credit card....thats why there are cracks...
    sorry i stole your car man. cars are expensive and i don't have a bank account. can you blame me?

shouldn't threads about warez and piracy be closed?

yeah they definately should. But people shouldnt be banned for it, especially with no warning and when they didnt even post the warez link themselves! And as for reporting people to piracy@macromedia.com, well thats just ridiculous.
    So, Flashkit, how about chilling out a little and maybe warning someone that if they post content like that again they will be banned instead of just banning people outright.

ok, that will do

Lets suppose you have a software company. Most of your revenue is going to come from people purchasing your software. Would you like it if people started pirating your software and you didn't make money from the sales?

Just something to think about, and I think its one of the main reasons Software companies frown upon piracy.

When you signed up, that should have been warning enough.

but...

Warning: All talks about warez at FK will get you banned. Any links posted will not only be reported to Macromedia, you will also be banned.

Flashkit does not condone conversations alluding to, pertaining to, or including talks about warez. And it's an offense that can get you banned.

lol, who reads the agreements on sites and software, seriously.
    well, you guys can stay on your high horse and report all your little instances of the word 'warez' to macromedia if you really have that much free time on your hands. lol. I think they have better things to do than to track down the millions of people that use warez all over the world.
    oops, i said warez. maybe you should ban me.

not what I meant.

Macromedia and Flashkit has a close relationship. And they are here. Some even have mod rights/access.

And about what you do and don't read. Doesn't matter. You signed up here. The rules apply equally to all here. It's not about a few of us running around, babysitting the lot of you to make sure you don't say the warez word.

However, it's an offense when you use the words, and offer links, what not.

Disagree with that? Contact the webmaster@flashkit.com.

i dont mean to sound smart or cheeky guys, please excuse my tone
    I simply want to enjoy this board in as free a way as possible. I myself object to warez and agree with other people views about the companies losing money, so dont think im some warez king or anything! haha

Well, i'll just sit back and try to help any people out with flash problems now.

peace,

can you just clear this up?...
    i checked out the terms and conditions on signing up and this is all you get....
    there is nothing about warez. So from pressing agree you have not agreed to anything about piracy etc. you might wanna revise those terms.

Flash Kit Community Rules
    Joining the Flash Kit community allows you to receive our newsletter, take part in Bulletin board discussions, create your own game favourites list, write reviews on games and links and much more!

We do ask though that you read the following rules for being a part of the Flash Kit community.

We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any board message, and are not responsible for the contents of any board message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Flash Kit or any entity associated with Flash Kit. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable please contact us immediately by email.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Flash Kit.

We reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Flash Kit, and our agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We at Flash Kit also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

We wish you a warm welcome, an enjoyable stay and best of all lots of fun!
    Thank you for joining our community!
    Flash Kit Team

Civilian
    Originally posted by jwkw

i checked out the terms and conditions on signing up and this is all you get....

there is nothing about warez. So from pressing agree you have not agreed to anything about piracy etc. you might wanna revise those terms.

[snip]...[/snip]
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Flash Kit.

Looks like it's covered to me.

caithness massiv
    Originally posted by jwkw

Re: Morals...

Heh, heh, heh. No responses to my reply, eh:

Originally posted by KingJoe
    I'm sure not a one of you "morally superior" people replying to this post ever used Napster, Morpheous, or a similar program to download music...
    You guys can argue about warez all you want. But unless you've never downloaded music, you don't have any right to say a damn thing, because you're as morally reprehensible as anyone who downloads the full version of Flash. Hooray for hypocrytes!

Didn't a link to a public ftp of a trial download get onto a popular news site a few days ago?

I am a middle-aged author and journalist, and I hope I can share my thoughts freely with you. Through work and colleagues I occassionally use Photoshop (even on my fairly decent salary I could not afford my own copy). I have tried Flash a couple of times but never understood its odd language and names; I own a copy of Swish; and I dabble a bit in basic video editing at home. The biggest software I have ever owned is Microsoft Office which came pre-istalled with my pc a coupe of years ago. The programs I use the most are Word and Outlook Express.

Now, I was lead to this thread from an article I was reading, right here at Flash Kit, about the new Flash MX. It's going to be a smash hit! The new video-making aspect of Flash is what will make it a hit I think, and although I don't understand most of what I read, I think I read enough to know the new Flash will be a power-house, and I applaud Macromedia for having the foresight to introduce lots of new features that will make things easier for people to do many things (well, this is the general energy underpinning the new release, that I feel anyways). I hope it's ok if share my vision with you.

I'm NOT condoning warez by any means, AT ALL. Theft is theft and that's a fact. But, here's another fact. The good software IS still FAR too expensive. And I think this is the reason for the up-surge in warez. I read articles that say there are probably hundreds of these sites now, and based all over the world, with people of all ages from kids to grandads downloading, ask yourself why. If Swish can be $50 and Flix be around $100 why should Photoshop be over $600 and Flash MX be $500?

I know what the answers from the software houses are going to be. But the cold sober fact is that every one on the internet now wants to play too. The pro designers are probably now in the minority! Do a search-engine search for Photoshop and tell me how many PS foums and tutorials are made by and for pros? Hardly any. Hundreds if not thousands of sites all aimed at non-pros using PS. What does that tell you? Every one on the internet is now seeing glorious Flash and Photoshop effects, and wants to have them too. The big shame is that software houses can't see that yet. This will outrage you now, but it will have to go this way eventually: all software under $100! You will never stop robbery, but you will be making your software affordable. It is now the masses who want your software, just like they want the latest albums, except that people who download MP3s also BUY albums because they are affordable. Think about it and stop the robbery. It's really very simple, your target audience from now on is THE MASSES, the average guy, the teenager who wants Flash MX for Christmas etc. How many kids must ask Daddy for Photoshop for their b'day, only to be told that at six hundred bucks(!!) it is way beyond the reach of Daddy's pocket. What does the kid do? S/he HAS TO HAVE the latest Web site effects right?

I hope I have given software developers some food for thought ~ basically, the message is this:

"YOUR CUSTOMER BASE HAS CHANGED FROM THE PRO OR COMPANY TO EVERYBODY."

Actually, this should be great news to you
    Duir.

i cant understand why this thread is still open.
    ???

when is the official release date for MX? Can we preorder and pay for it nonw anywhere? I bet there wilkl be a big rush to buy it, i dont wanna miss out!

Thanks

FK Junkie
    You can pre-order FlashMX here, look for the "Get it First" section of the "Its Coming" flash movie.

Gerbick is 100% right in everything he said here. There are two things with a zero tollerence policy at Flashkit, warez is one of them. Any use of the boards to distribute or download warez will get you a ban, no questions asked. Everything outside of that is up to moderator/admin discresion but will still be judged harshly.

And King, flashkit's policy on warez isn't a discussion on morals or the holiness of the mods/admins. You may think there is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol either (as do I), but if you do it in your car and are caught you will suffer the consequences, simple as that. Flashkit is a tool (much like the car in the above analogy), and that tool won't be used for warez.
    [Edited by TiefighT on 03-08-2002 at 03:41 PM]

Civilian
    This thread is closed.

Bottom line: if you are promoting warez on the FK boards, you will be banned immediately and without warning. If you have any problems with this, please contact me directly at webmaster@flashkit.com