A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For all interested about the video/audio server ...

Go to this link and read the things about video and audio settings: http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...help/settings/

Seems like the swf (with the mx server installed) can storage any data from the mic or webcam and send it to other users. (If the user gives the ok for it)

Than there must be a function to cut out parts of a movie or sound, cause if not then this is not very pratical.

How great! I love you MM!

Fredi

here's a little bit about the webcam, mic & local storage stuff...
    FYI: within MX actionscripting you can access the webcam & mic properties & methods just like any other object... not sure about saving the feed locally (haven't tried it yet... the webcam & mic documentation was a little bit sketchy the last time I read through it...)

but the nice feature about having a local storage object (amongst countless other uses) is that you can preserve state between user visits as well as save preferences. Example: a user can navigate a flash site, leave, come back days later... and assuming they haven't overwritten the data that your flash app left on their machine, they can be placed back into the flash at the same point at which they left it. You can remember preferences. You can make a note that a user doesn't like to hear the 3 second jingle loop and loop and loop. Very squeaky cool.

snarf,
    brian.

Thx!

Do you beta test the coldfusion mx, too? From what I was reading between Mike C.'s messages and the stuff at MM, it will be possible, but ... I think I have to wait till it's out.

Fredi