A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: One thing they better have fixed!

Wink

If it's one thing that they better have fixed, it should be the jumpy jpgs when using an alpha blend.

Whenever I used jpg or gif images and faded them in from an alpha of 0% to 100% on the last frame (when it would be 100%) the picture would move from the inside out over just a little. Most everyone should know what I'm talking about. WE WANT STABLE IMAGES!!!

Senior Moderator
    No idea, sounds like a Flash 5 Player bug to me, so you can test if it has been fixed in the new player by creating the same movie with flash 5 and viewing it in the publically available Flash 6 Beta Player.

FK Junkie
    It may just be in between pixels. Have you tried setting the position of the .jpg manually to a whole pixel rather than the X:12.2399 Y:23.3029210 crap that happens when you just drag and drop it?

this used to happen to me all the time. quick fix start at 1% not 0 and end at 99% that solves the problem with little to no visual problem...

gil

Originally posted by cagil88
    this used to happen to me all the time. quick fix start at 1% not 0 and end at 99% that solves the problem with little to no visual problem...

gil
    this bug has always been there since flash3, that I know of.
    setting the alpha from 0% to 99% is actually more exact.
    thats the solution.

I have no clue about flash 6 fixing it...

Originally posted by cagil88

gil
    another quick fix: scale the image to 101%.

has worked every time for me.

d.

hang on hang on hang on - yeah we all know the 'quick fixes'. Trouble is, this REALLY annoying bug has been in the app for about 3 versions. EVERYONE knows about it.
    Is it TOO MUCH to ask for a SOLID fix from MM. i mean, if the sound went 'jumpy' in Pro Tools when the drummer started playing, i don't think it would take 3 (or more) versions to fix.
    Displaying jpegs has become a central part of Flash's functionality - it should work 100%, no BUTS!

But aside from that rant - FlashMX looks AWESOME!! i'm on the MM mailing list and my VISA is just waiting to empty...

Wink Right on!

Right on PlasticMan! That's what I'm getting at. Why has it gone on for three versions and possibly a fourth? You'd think Microsoft was in charge of that section or something!