dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .fla FONTS not mapping [v5 to MX]

I tried opening my previous Flash 5 projects in MX only to find that it doesn't map all of my fonts correctly. The same .fla that didn't have a problem in v5 can't view all the fonts in MX.

My setup:
    --------------------------------------
    MAC g4 Quicksilver
    OS 10.1.3
    Font management: Extensis Suitcase 10

Fonts with problems:
    I've only seen problems with multiple master fonts.(Avant Garde) I don't know why this should be a problem. Both the post script and screen fonts are activated in Extensis. Other non-MM Avant Garde fonts work fine.

Help?

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    The Biggest problem here is the fact that your computer is a Mac. Try it on a PC and the problem shouldn't happen anymore. Mac's SUCK.

Originally posted by jasonsplace
    The Biggest problem here is the fact that your computer is a Mac. Try it on a PC and the problem shouldn't happen anymore. Mac's SUCK.
    Jason-
    I'll refrain from digressing to an OS war.

If you have helpful information, please do share.

---

For your info, I also have a well stocked PC sitting on my desk. . .gradually collecting dust.

question authority
    jason, the biggest problem here is you. don't be such a dick.

Originally posted by monkii
    jason, the biggest problem here is you. don't be such a dick.
    touche!

Originally posted by prdesign

I tried opening my previous Flash 5 projects in MX only to find that it doesn't map all of my fonts correctly. The same .fla that didn't have a problem in v5 can't view all the fonts in MX.
    Hey !

Got a Mac too, and I've also some fonts problems sometimes (on PC too ) ... what I do sometimes is installing the font directly into the system instead of using Suitcase or ATM, try this...

Also tell me, does the FLA5 file where made on the same computer ? if yes, does it still work on Version 5 ?

beefo

Font issue

I've had the same problem using Flash 5 files in MX on a Mac. The font weights and kearning have been altered when I generate an SWF. An unbelievable glitch! Frankly, I can't believe that could have ever gotten through anyone's testing.

On the plus side, since I did not save the files as MX (saved as Flash 5 in MX), I was able to open them in 5 and publish new SWFs without any problems.