A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: logo???!?!

resolved

hi, I was wondering if this logo at the botton is good. I was thinking about that pixel art of me was needed or should be cut out. Just wondering, Please need feebback! thanx

LOGO:

I think the font is too small or the pic of you is too big.

Whether I like it or not -- It's all your taste, the image you want to portray.

By the way there is an NCinteractive -- http://www.ncinteractive.com.

thanx

Originally posted by gratis
    I think the font is too small or the pic of you is too big.

Whether I like it or not -- It's all your taste, the image you want to portray.

By the way there is an NCinteractive -- http://www.ncinteractive.com.

looks like ncinteractive is down. thanks for your comments, but really, what do you think, for you! Should I lose the pic of me?

I wouldn't lose the pic, it makes the logo have more..life into it.

thanx

Originally posted by Tommy is PHATyo
    I wouldn't lose the pic, it makes the logo have more..life into it.
    I think it gives more...life to it too.

i would put the pic of you the other side of that line, it shouldn't face away from the text either.

looks good

But....

Originally posted by aversion
    i would put the pic of you the other side of that line, it shouldn't face away from the text either.

looks good

but those 2 orange lines on the right are my logo. I just like the pic me, so I put it there!! what should i do!

if it's not your logo then disassociate it from it or people will think that it's part of it.

either integrate it or move it

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Cool site, cool logo.

i think those 2 orange lines don't work as a logo. I think a logo needs to tell the viewer something about your company: who you are, what you do. what does 2 orange lines tell me? i can't even think of 1 answer. Otherwise i think the text is fine. I even like how some of the text is pixelated. it tells me that you deal with computers and technological stuff.

I think you should either drop the picture of the guy or change it to something that has to do with what you do.

But id rather see you drop the guy and make a more interesting and meaningful logo. because this way it is more dynamic. you dont just have centered text in the middle of 2 images, but flush left text with an image on the left or flush right text with an image on the right

huh

Originally posted by frreestyle
    i think those 2 orange lines don't work as a logo. I think a logo needs to tell the viewer something about your company: who you are, what you do. what does 2 orange lines tell me? i can't even think of 1 answer. Otherwise i think the text is fine. I even like how some of the text is pixelated. it tells me that you deal with computers and technological stuff.

I think you should either drop the picture of the guy or change it to something that has to do with what you do.

But id rather see you drop the guy and make a more interesting and meaningful logo. because this way it is more dynamic. you dont just have centered text in the middle of 2 images, but flush left text with an image on the left or flush right text with an image on the right
    that is a pic of me!!! it is mostly a dynamic portfolio site!!!

Post what you think?!?

what do you think....should I keep the two orange lines as my logo, or just the pic of me?

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Re: what you think?!?

Originally posted by Nicklc
    what do you think....should I keep the two orange lines as my logo, or just the pic of me?
    Pic of you.

Exactly what are we arguing over?

Guys... This is his logo. Whatever he feels like creating is his choice. I think his logo is pretty cool, And I don't see anything wrong with it. And the little dude says that the company is creative. And the orange lines are simple, and odd, but still, that is what sets the company aside.

Re: Exactly what are we arguing over?

Originally posted by RyanWest
    Guys... This is his logo. Whatever he feels like creating is his choice. I think his logo is pretty cool, And I don't see anything wrong with it. And the little dude says that the company is creative. And the orange lines are simple, and odd, but still, that is what sets the company aside.
    so, I should keep both??? I like the orange lines too. I also like the pic of me or the 'dude'!! I like both!! Should I keep both of them in the place they are now, or move them around??

I think you should be positive about what you create, and don't ask everybody what to do. I think no logo is perfect so that everybody likes it. Personally, i don't like it, but it's your logo, your art, your creation, so I respect it.

So, leave it as it is.

argonauta.-7*

ditch the rendering of you. just use orange bars and text as logo. introduce the rendering of you somewhere else in the site. i think the orange bars work good as a logo. doesnt really have to say something about you to be your logo. granted thats good design, but what does the nike check say about them? as long as people associate you with that graphic your golden. depending on the complexity of your site, you may want to think about keeping the "pixelated" concept going throughout the site, which would give you a perfect oportunity to introduce the "little guy" somewhere else.

... read a couple of the threads and think...for now keep the little guy, cause it is you, it is what you are and what YOU think YOU stand for.

as for the 2 orange lines ... they might work as an independent logo as time goes buy. but if you are new to the field and launch your new side, i don't think there is much of "recognition" going on if you just use them by it self. integrate the "little guy" as a direction tool or sth., to have people get familiar with it.

one day if you are on the 10 most pop sites, then 2 orange lines will identify you as, ... well, 2 orange lines , i guess ???

the thing about nike and coke is that people are familiarized with it. branding, design and MARKETING are the keys ...

PS. on logos don't ever ask to many people. go for the gold !!!!

yours truly ...

I like the little guy although I definitly think that he should be facing the text. Either swap the postions of the lines with the little guy so he's facing the text or do the design again and have him facing the opposite direction, well to the right any way (not with his back towards you). LOL

Cute though, very cute.

I say the little guy stays.