A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: reflecting water 3ds max

you can put some trees. look on the internet for some tree images. then make a simple plane and put the tree texture on the plane. once you have one plane then in the top view port rotate the plane 90 degrees. so now you should have two planes, that in the top view-port it should look like + or and x (hope you understand what im trying so say). for the tree pic use the method of the guy pic. which you will need to make to images from one. one will be the black and white which will be place in the opacity. the other pic would be the color tree with the rest of the image black. this is a simple way to make a tree it is mostly done in video games.

ok ill try that right now, ok one more thing i promise ... well since your not all that buisy, i mean you change ur logo every day .... im trying to make something cool out of the word WHAT, any ideas, on making it cool looking, and mabie some background stuff, cuz im really bad at thinking up of what to do and what stuff to put in, thanks

do you want to make your logo to use it in flash footer. Or what type of logo do you want to make. Do you want to make a logo thats animated or a just a still image.
    well i have been busy this past week and this week sience midterms are coming up. ive been having a lot of school work to do lately. Recently i got a flash book on how to do/make games so ive been meaning to read it but no luck there i need more time. and my new footer with the rotating words took me 5 mins. first i did it in my head.

naa i dont really need a flash footer .. i was thinking something to put on a web page or something, you know, something tight... anyways... mabie in 3ds max, cuz i cant come op with anything, and anything that i do try to make comes out stupid, but yea, buisy week for me too, just trying to get everything done ... if ur buisy, too buisy to help me jk.. but say so, im not really in a rush so anytime you are rdy, i mean you are helping me

well if you are try to do an animation try this.
    idea for 3d max for the word WHAT since your learning try to do something simple hope my idea is simple.
    idea is to have your the word WHAT exploed <--hope is spell correct. but yeah have the word blow up. is quite simple.
    let see if i can remember by memory.
    1. type the word WHAT in front view-port.
    2. extrude the word. say about 20 thick.
    3. select the text (WHAT) and in the plugins add the exploed pluging. well if you are using the 3 max v 3.1
    in top tab or tap look for a orange like BOMB.
    4. it should create like a clone but i will look kind of low-poly (chopy).
    5. if you want hide the original text. that way you it would be easier to animated and you wont have to worrie about time'ing. but you will have to hide it at some point.
    I think it animates by it self. like the pluging noise does.
    well if you have use noise before you should now what im talking about.
    6. play with the exploed/BOMB settings to have bigger or smaller chunks of pieces when blowing up/break apart.
    7. this is a extra step you can use gravity to have the chunks of the text fall down instead of blowing up like bomb were they all scatter around (360).

-noise pluging how to use it. make a object you know a sphere or whatever. select the sphere/object and
    go to the plugins and by default it should be in one of the tabs i think top left. if not look for it in the "more/other" and choose noise and add it to the object.
    then just press play and the sphere should be deforming like a blob. me go to sleep have 2 test and a long day tomorow.
    [Edited by eag16 on 03-13-2002 at 01:45 AM]

Hehe, yea you sleep ... hey wher you from?.. anyways i was doing some tutorials and everything i do in video post does not show up in render, first i did add scene, and picked camera01.. then i put in add image filter event and then lense effect flare, then set up the star and all that stuff, picked my light, but its like i didnt do anything.. it does not render or anything... anyways thanks for the above stuff, thats tight

video post is that in 3d max. cant remember fuzzy memory
    in case it is then did you remember to save the file.
    ohh is video post one of the movie compresser?

IM LIVE FROM COMPTON, CALIFORNIA

yea 3ds max, i press save but notin happens, and i thought you were from somewhere else, ur spelling
    IM FROM VANCOUVER WASHINGTON
    oh and if you have msn msg, my nick is soulraver187@hotmail.com im on most of the time )

if you want send me your 3d max file so i can have a look at it. i can tested here on my own computer to see if it gives me the same problem. i use 3d max ver. 3.1
    incase you have the new ver.4 you can still send me the file and ill checked here at my college or just export the file as .3ds format. Other than that try to use a different compressor. i alway use "indeo 5.1" something like that. make sure when you render choose the camera for rendering in the render option (viewport) which im sure you do. or maybe is the flare effect thats giving you the problem, try turning it off. actually it has been a long since i used msn msg. now i use trillian or excite. trillian is good gives lot of different options like msn, yahoo, and other.

LOL im using trillian too.. whats ur icq or aim or something... oh and ill send you the file, as soon as i find it

in excite i used eag16
    and in trillian i use eag16
    but im in school right now. about to take my midterm exam. ill try findin you when i get home. ill be back on-line around 10:00 pm pacific time.

thanks, and good luck, eag16@msn.com ?

eag16@excite.com

as for the trillian i just login as eag16

hmmm well when are you on trillian? pacific time? ill be on all day tomorrow, look for me, soulraver187@hotmail.com ,just add that to ur buddies list, and you should see me

ok i need some help, im trying to make something, following this tutorial http://www.derelictsands.com/tutorials/t10.htm , ill send you the file, i get far, but im stuck on the tail part, the particles go around the comet, and not behind it, iv tryed everything, i bet you know what to do

yeah im downloading the files. and checking out the tutorial. ill get back to you ASAP.

Particles group with the Comet.
    1. if you group the particles with the comet first and then you animated the comet to spin with the particles group, then the particles will spind with the comet as well.
    2. might be same as 2, if you animated the comet first and then you group the particles, i dont think that the particles will spin with the comet but it should stay with comet for the ride.

Hey, i figured it out, all the stuff, making some cool stuff now, but i see ur changing ur footer all the time, mabie you can help me out with one, im not creative... so im having problems

try making something related with your name.
    if you cant get any ideas then i suggest you start watching anime movies and cartoons.

lol, anime, its great ... anywayz... umm i was thinking something cool, "matrix like", you know, well you prob dont ... but ill try to look for stuff, and watch movies and stuff, mabie an idea pops into my head, and if not mabie you will think of something.. well thanks, and cya.. ill be on tomorrow at 9 am pacific, and my msn is soulraver187@hotmail.com ill be on tonight too, an hour or 2