dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: moving movies ???

Trying to make a feedback menu for my movie.
    Can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Example
    http://www.allen-e.com/
    they have an "F" button .. I want mine to look almost exactly like that one!

Don't understand how to make it moveable on the screen so people can move it anywhere!!

FK Junkie
    Hello ,

This is done with a button and a drag command. I have an example at home (I will be there shortly), but it is in Flash 5 actionscript.

Are you using Flash 4 or Flash 5?

Respond with the awnser and I will send you the example file via e-mail, coded appropriately (it is small)

Thanks

Thanks that would help so much .. Using flash 5

if e-mailing it send to kacey@nbuilders.net

Thanks!

FK Junkie
    I sent you that file, respond to the e-mail, or to this thread if you have any problems figuring it out.

Here are the simplistic instructions I gave in the e-mail, for the home viewing audience

----------------------------------
    Simplistic instructions:

1)add a button that covers the portion of the movie clip you want dragable.
    2)On click of the button, start drag on the movie clip
    3)On realease of the button, stop drag ()
    4)If you want to make the movie clip stop at the edges of the movie, just play around with the constrain to rectangle option of the drag command. The example you gave did not do this, so you might not want it .
    ----------------------------------

Hope it helps

Sorry to bother you ...

I just have acouple things having trouble with.

I have a button on the original Movie, (F) this "f" button when clicked goes to another movie (feedback)
    this feedback movie has 2 frames 1st frame has stop action 2nd frame has the invisible button w/ actionscript and the feedback look / content on two different layers.

When I run the movie and press the F button that works and my movie comes up on the 2nd frame, then click to drap the feedback box and it moves fine, but when I let go of the button I can't get it back, it just keeps following my mouse, like the stop drag wasn't working.. ????

Thanks .. Can send you a .fla if needed.

You've been a real help.

FK Junkie
    As it turns out, the problem was caused because of the "lock to center" options on the drag command. The cursor has to be over the button for the "Release" of the mouse to register, by locking the cursor to the center of the MC, it moved it out of the button and it could never get back.

To fix it I just un-checked the "Lock to center" option. The only thing this effected negatively was that it made the width_radius and height_radius variables obsolete .

I removed the obsolete variables, and played around with the "Constrain to rectangle" options until your MC stays locked inside the movie. Keep in mind that if you ever re-size the MC you will have to go back and change the "Constrain to rectangle" commands if you want them to work correctly. I will e-mail you the fixed file as soon as my mail server stops acting up :/

Sorry bout that

Thanks for that . I figured it out before you e-mailed me back, I have it all done, and there is no need to e-mail me the .fla back, I can't thank you enough for your help.

People like you are the reason I love this site.

I will now be able to pass on this lovely information.