A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Beta-Testers --> CustomActions.install

What the hell is this CustomActions Object in flash MX?

Is it something similar to prototypes? Or has MX a built in compiler so you can load custom actions from a db or textfile?

Anyone?

the CustomActions object:
    CustomActions.get
    CustomActions.install
    CustomActions.list
    CustomActions.unistall

Fredi

Senior Moderator
    These methods allow a flash movie playing in the flash authoring tool to manage any custom actions registered with flash.

They allow a flash movie playing in the authoring tool to extend the capabilities of flash, for example, you could create a flash movie which downloads the latest class files from a database and displays them all in the actions panel.

from the definitions...
    The methods of the CustomActions object allow a Flash movie playing in the Flash authoring tool to manage any custom actions that are registered with the authoring tool. A Flash movie can install and uninstall custom actions, retrieve the XML definition of a custom action, and retrieve the list of registered custom actions

I assume that multiple macromedia programs will be able to author flash content - and give specific actions to the content they create through the use of an xml custom actions DOM. I guess this is so that programming can be changed and installed on the fly -- I cannot find any info on the customXMLDefinition files -- Any macromedia guys out there got any examples of this XML Doc?

Great, thx everybody!