A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an idiots rant.

Does anyone know of a flash community that isn't run by "Big Brother" (MM)?

"No warez"... I got it. If you’re stupid enough to use it, then you’re stupid enough to get caught. But come on it's out there. If some idiot post a link or says where to get it then ban them, do what ever. I understand do your part to keep that illegal crap to a minimum. But this scare tactic of "your IP address will be forwarded to MM”, come on. If they want to go to Podunk, Indiana, to get some guy’s beta, that probably crashes his machine every other time he uses it, well… then that’s why they have to charge $600.

I don’t use warez, I’m dumb, but not that dumb. MM’s a big company and can standup for them selves. It just seems like most of the moderator’s here kiss their bu*t. They make a great program, could be better, but that’s why they’ll charge $200 for an upgrade in 2 yrs.

Now, I know in true Flashkit style, I’ll get a response, maybe a warning, and the tread will be closed so they have the last word.

I totaly agree.

Sorry, but you seem to not understand. Since this post is certainly directed towards me, here's my respose:

You can say whatever you like, or imagine whatever you like. No one that is a moderator here "kisses MM's butt," as you have put it. What we do is enforce rules that were created on this site when it began, and that includes adhering to the wishes of ANY software company that has a concern for their product being available over the Internet in an illegal manner, as well as people sharing openly that they are using such a version.

Call it scare tactics, call it whatever you wish, but the truth of the matter is we can do that, we have, and we will continue to as long as people are coming here and doing things that go against the wishes of this site and the companies which are discussed here.

Oh, and BTW, Macromedia doesn't run this site. The Big Brother argument is really invalid.
    I'll gladly leave the thread open to give you every opportunity to prove me wrong. Go for it.

mg33

Senior Moderator
    Flashkit are simply trying to look after their name and reputation. If flashkit were to allow the distribution and or the sharing of such links to warez, its reputation would quickly go down the hill and hook line and slinker into Macromedia's bad books. Seem as though Flashkit is a one-stop resource for Macromedia's best-selling tool - Macromedia Flash it wouldnt make any business sense for us to get on the wrong side of the mothership.

Thats all! Dont take it personally, just abide by the rules you agreed to when you registered for these forums and you will be fine!

Oh and we are also not in any way assocaited with Macromedia other than friends.

Well-spoken, mg33.
    That's a great response, and cleared up any questions or concerns I had. I have no rebuttal but to say your response is completely understandable and that I support it. Thank you for your time.

FlashGuru, rest-easy I believe warez is wrong too. But sensor the links, not the idiots opinion.

Senior Moderator
    FlashGuru, rest-easy I believe warez is wrong too. But sensor the links, not the idiots opinion.
    Its easier,neater and quicker to delete a thread which is going no-where other than breaking the Forum rules, than it is to edit and censor a thread.

FlashRover,

Thank you for replying. Glad I set everything straight for you. Keep your eyes open after the 15th, we're going to be in full force like it's no ones business...

mg33

Thumbs up

I don't object to the no warez stance of a developers board like this, imagine how it would be otherwise!

what I do object to is the the 'no talking about flash MX, this thread is closed' attitude that I have encountered across the web in recent months.
    the logic being any legitimate users are bound by a non disclosure agreement and are infringing by commenting.
    but opinion (however it was gained) isn't illegal where I come from, yet I bet 1 euro that my other thread today about features in flash mx will trigger some knee jerk responses of the kind we are all familliar with.

Thumbs up!!! mg33

Actkid

Post hi big brothers over here...

No body gonaa to control the piracy and those warez sites..now flash mx is available so many warez site....i dont know if officially not released then how they got it.

may be happen that any one of mm pplz may be with them..otherwise howz it possible.

explain on this.

Re: hi big brothers over here...

Originally posted by rock22k
    No body gonaa to control the piracy and those warez sites..now flash mx is available so many warez site....i dont know if officially not released then how they got it.

may be happen that any one of mm pplz may be with them..otherwise howz it possible.

explain on this.
    learn to zpell (sic)

Originally posted by angstrom
    I don't object to the no warez stance of a developers board like this, imagine how it would be otherwise!

what I do object to is the the 'no talking about flash MX, this thread is closed' attitude that I have encountered across the web in recent months.
    the logic being any legitimate users are bound by a non disclosure agreement and are infringing by commenting.
    but opinion (however it was gained) isn't illegal where I come from, yet I bet 1 euro that my other thread today about features in flash mx will trigger some knee jerk responses of the kind we are all familliar with.

I totally agree. All i did was ask for help with something in MX the other day, and the whole board is like "WHERE DID YOU GET FLASH MX?? YOU HAVE AN ILLEGAL COPY, NOW YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU GOT YOUR COPY." And I'm sure they sent my IP address and everything to Macromedia....how would anyone know where i obtained it and whether or not it was legit? If i'm not on here saying, "look at me, i have an illegal copy!!" then why harass and accuse?

Originally posted by angstrom

I totally agree. All i did was ask for help with something in MX the other day, and the whole board is like "WHERE DID YOU GET FLASH MX?? YOU HAVE AN ILLEGAL COPY, NOW YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE YOU GOT YOUR COPY." And I'm sure they sent my IP address and everything to Macromedia....how would anyone know where i obtained it and whether or not it was legit? If i'm not on here saying, "look at me, i have an illegal copy!!" then why harass and accuse? They sure aren't doing that over at Were-Here forums. And "mike chambers" goes to that board as well.

I wouldn't bet on that !
    over at were-here I found a thread asking about flash and web-tv, something I am looking at developing for. The initial poster/question asker had been banned for asking what people knew about this subject !!!
    The reason ? ...
    ' answers may infringe any non-confidentiality agreements that developers have entered'
    the poster responded(difrent user name) by mentioning he was a major web tv developer covered by said agreements and was adult enough to abide by them while asking for any good ideas on the subject. I replied in support, the thread was deleted.
    my follow up post on the subject, asking how these moderators manage to draw the line so close to us the developers, deleted.
    I think there is a reluctance to bite the hand that feeds, and a confusion as to who the hand belongs to .

originally posted by angstrom
    what I do object to is the the 'no talking about flash MX, this thread is closed' attitude that I have encountered across the web in recent months
    This is too broad of a statement to have any validity. I don't hold this against you, but I and the other moderators spending a great deal of time monitoring the MX forum are starting to feel like broken records-I am at least. WE DO NOT CLOSE THREADS SIMPLY BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT MX.

This is such a ridiculious accusation. Look around this forum, how many dozen threads are there where Flash MX is being discussed? To imply that we are closing every thread about Flash MX is totally false.
    On the contrary, what we are closing is threads discussing the beta version, which is not available to the general public, but which is already widely available through warez sites and file sharing programs. All it takes is one copy, and it multiplies across the Internet like wild fire.
    Do you honestly think that we are going to promote that, or tolerate people discussing that? If your answer is, "Yes," than I invite you to attempt to start a site as large and succesfull as Flashkit is, and to do so in a no-holds-barred fashion. Let me know when you get shut down.

enjoy311
    Yes, you asked for help, but what you asked for was help using a version of MX that you have which is not the official release version. You're not a beta tester, if you were you would completely understand the situation and wouldn't be carrying on the way you are with these statements you are making. I reiterate: There is not an official version anywhere right now available to the general public. What is available are illegal/warez/cracked beta versions. I also believe I saw you say that you got your copy from a beta tester. If that's the case, it's still illegal, beta testers are not supposed to be giving out copies to anyone.

--
    Finally, as if to interject some humour...Just wait until the official release date. We're going to be parading through here like the militia catching people right and left offering serials, warez links, and cracked versions. It will be glorious, it surely will.
    You can abide by the rules, or you can find somewhere else that tolerates such things.

mg33

[i]
    --
    Finally, as if to interject some humour...Just wait until the official release date. We're going to be parading through here like the militia catching people right and left offering serials, warez links, and cracked versions. It will be glorious, it surely will.
    You can abide by the rules, or you can find somewhere else that tolerates such things.

mg33 [/B]

And what exactly makes you so sure that i am one of the "general public." You don't even know, yet you AUTOMATICALLY made an accusation that i have pirated software, before i responded with what version I have. I take back that statement about saying it was beta software.....because its actually not. By means of how i obtained the software, or what it is, is my own, private business. Just like if i asked you what version you have and where you got it, you would not tell me.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by mg33
    We're going to be parading through here like the militia catching people right and left offering serials, warez links, and cracked versions. It will be glorious, it surely will.

mg33
    ooo... i can't wait!

really though, if you have a problem with the rules, go some place else.

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by enjoy311
    I take back that statement about saying it was beta software.....because its actually not. By means of how i obtained the software, or what it is, is my own, private business.
    but the fact is, you did say it was beta software or whatever (i don't remember). if you make your private business public buy posting it on a open message board, it becomes our business. personally i don't care where you get your software from but you're not a beta tester (all this could have been avoided if you had said you were but you still haven't, hence...) and macromedia, according to macromedia, has not released anything to anyone but beta testers. If you're someone special and have some special (legal) connection with macromedia, thats all you have to say.

i mean geeze... if you slightly hint about warez or any of that other stuff your banned/your thread is closed. get over it.

So enjoy311, you are just a really lucky person out there I guess.

As simply as I can explain it, again, third time: You asked about how to use/do a certain thing in Flash MX with a version you have, actually using it. How can anyone respond to that when no one legally has the program yet, other than beta testers? Those are the threads we close.
    And please, enough of this "private business" talk. You open yourself up to assumption based on how you say things when you participate in this site.

You seem to think you can participate in this forum by asking your questions about how to actually use the program, yet you think I'm getting into your "private business" by knowing the facts, and the facts are: A)No one until the official release can be asking questions about how to use the product, because there is not an official legal version out there available for everyone. B) The other fact is, it's fairly obvious, that through changing your story around, you're seeking the avenue that somehow makes the rules not apply to you. Won't work. Keep trying.

mg33

Smile

Everybody will be happy friday.
    Come on can't the Flash Community just smile.
    In my opinion this site is the best thing we have to communicate with each other. Listen to the people who run it.
    I am only one man, with one opinion