A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How can I give a FIRE effect to an image within swish?

I have to make a flash movie for my school and for that i have to make two snakes come from the left and right sides wrigelling and stop in the centre. Then in the gap between them of 150 pixels approx. there should be a small explosion and then fire should start burning outside a small globe within this gap. it should look real something like thos gif images of fire.
    Please give me an idea of how to get this thing through swish.
    -MoHiT.

Seems to me you've already answered your own question...
    "should look real something like those gif images of fire"

Create a fire gif, import it as a sprite and move the sprite within your gap.

If you need more help, you should probably show us a SWF of what you have so far so we have a better idea of what you're talking about.

[Edited by LisaA on 03-13-2002 at 06:15 AM]

How do I make the GIF and those snakes in the way I need them to be?

Well, I know this can be done by gif images, but I want the fire burning in this kind of shape (as in the logo) which looks a little tricky through swish. the link for the logo is here....
    http://www.scindia.edu/images/logo.jpg
    Also, I want those 2 snakes to come from either sides to the center in a wriggling fashion.
    Thanks alot!

-Mohit.

Originally posted by LisaA
    Seems to me you've already answered your own question...
    "should look real something like those gif images of fire"

Create a fire gif, import it as a sprite and move the sprite within your gap.

If you need more help, you should probably show us a SWF of what you have so far so we have a better idea of what you're talking about.

Hello i was bored soo i made a sample of something is this what u looking for??

http://razza.org/warlord/Snake.swf

It's easy if u like i could zip teh swi and post it and from there u coudl edit it..

~WarLord

P.S I know my drawing a lil bad hehe but i guess u could just adjust it to how ever u like...
    [Edited by TnTWarLord2004 on 03-13-2002 at 09:55 AM]

Thanks a lot....that's great!

Thanks a lot! That's more than I could have ever made myself..! Please could you send me the swi file.
    Thanks.
    -Mohit.
    mohit_117@yahoo.com

Originally posted by TnTWarLord2004
    Hello i was bored soo i made a sample of something is this what u looking for??

http://razza.org/warlord/Snake.swf

It's easy if u like i could zip teh swi and post it and from there u coudl edit it..

~WarLord

P.S I know my drawing a lil bad hehe but i guess u could just adjust it to how ever u like...
    [Edited by TnTWarLord2004 on 03-13-2002 at 09:55 AM]