A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Quality Poor when viewed in Browser

Hybrid View

Hi,

I have created a lovely animation using imported graphics (that have been cut and paste on a transparent background) from Fireworks. The resulting animation looks great when played in Flash but when previewed, or exported to dreamweaver, the quality of some of the thinner lines looks poor.. almost as if its been resized...

I have set quality=best and am viewing in IE6 with the latest plugin. In Mozilla they look better (although not perfect) than in IE!! The export jpg quality is set to 100.

Any Advice?? Thanks, Graham..

Publich in pixels and not percentages.

Yeah I have tried that!! But what I then did (following your advice) was to prievew the html Flash generated - with quality set to best - and that looked great. So I cut and paste it into Dreamweaver!!

It looks like using Dreamweaver insert flash object option doesn't write the Best HTML for quality flash output in IE6....

Thanks, Again..

I have run into the same problem. My movie is set to pixels already. I am also using dreamweaver. Does the html code have to be inserted as well? Because I have just been importing the swf file. If anyone has a solution to this, thanx in advance! peace.

I never used Dreamweaver, however, get on the HTML code and make sure that the quality settings remain the same. Other than that, it's very strange, it should work fine. Test your movie from Flash (press F12), if that looks fine, the result through Dreamweaver should too.

Flashtasticflashability!!
    I have experienced this problem before myself. One thing I will say is that when you actually upload the .swf into Dreamweaver on your server it looks better than when just playing off of your hard drive. I dont know why it does this but it does and is very anoying!!

Senior Member tongue of colicab's Avatar
    Make sure that the size jou import in is the same as in flash. for example if ur movie is 400x400 pixels make sure that in dreamweaver the size is also 400x400 pixels.

Hope this helps you out

Right, J-Luv: Just copy the text between the '<object>...</object>' tags straight over the stuff dreamweaver generates. Make sure you publish the HTML (in flash) and set the quality field to 'best'.

I am guessing that IE6 is fussy as to the layout of the <object>... whereas mozilla aint!

Dufy: The output in Flash (preview) was also bad until I tweaked the HTML quality - as mentioned above. I also manually set the dimensions, instead of specifying 'match movie' size..

Hope this helps guys...