A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wow...

Wow...is that really Philip Kerman? I didnt know he posted on this board. I bought your book it is really an amazing book, it has helped me so much. You really know how to write. Thanks alot for your help, and keep up the amazing work!

OK, I read lots of books, specially if they have to do with Flash...
    So why don't you share with us, theprodigy... What book did Philip Kerman write? Thanks for replying in advance.

well i dont know who took the jelly out of your dohnut, but i have his book on actionscripting, and its helped me alot Mr. I read everything. I dont have the exact titles of book because im in class right now, but its a blue book i think.

i have that book as well, very well done.
    I think its called Actionscripting ro something *sorry* don't have it in front of me, but I can confirm that the color is blueish

The Phillip Kerman book is excellent. Here is a list of some books on Flash that I feel are must haves.

Actionscripting in Flash
    by Colin Moock
    This is a Nutshell book from O'Reilly and is the most complete reference on Actionscript to date.

Actionscript: The Definitive Guide
    by Phillip Kerman
    This is the blue book that you've mentioned in this thread. It is outstanding and has great workshop chapters where you have to think for yourself to solve the problem based on what you've learned in the previous chapters.

Macromedia Flash: Super Samurai
    by Eric Dolecki and a cast of thousands
    I have this book on my short list of ones to get. I've paged through it in the bookstore several times and am looking forward to reading it.

Advanced Flash 5 (CD-ROM TUTORIAL)
    by Josh Ulm and Garo Green
    This isn't really a book, but a CD-ROM tutorial instead. If you are a beginner Actionscripter and want to take your skills to the next level, get this CD-ROM. It is worth the investment.

I'm starting to sound like I work at the Home Shopping Network.

littlejobo

As far as our friend Abelius, I dont know why he was so sour. Whatever.... Happy Actionscripting

Originally posted by littlejobo
    The Phillip Kerman book is excellent. Here is a list of some books on Flash that I feel are must haves.

Actionscripting in Flash
    by Colin Moock
    This is a Nutshell book from O'Reilly and is the most complete reference on Actionscript to date.

Actionscript: The Definitive Guide
    by Phillip Kerman
    This is the blue book that you've mentioned in this thread. It is outstanding and has great workshop chapters where you have to think for yourself to solve the problem based on what you've learned in the previous chapters.
    I'm starting to sound like I work at the Home Shopping Network.

Just note that the titles for the two books above are swapped. That is, my book is Actionscripting in Flash (it's blue and I'm Phillip). The other book is the Definitive Guide (it's by Colin and it's white/green).

Samples from my book: http://www.phillipkerman.com/actionscripting

Samples from Colin's book: http://www.moock.org/asdg

Doh!!!

Sorry about that Phillip.

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    I am a self taught programmer. I couldn't find anything that helped me with the methodology of programming. All the books that I found, (for AS or other prog langs), assumed that I already was a programmer. So after seeing all those books and knowing what I *did not* want in a book, I came across ActionScripting in Flash. ::big sigh of relief:: Finally something that helped me start doing amazing things (to me anyhow haha).

If you don't have it, I suggest getting Kerman's book.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672320789/ref=pd_sr_ec_ir_b/102-5193022-5206565">ActionScripting in Flash</a>

Although I have not read Colin Moock's book, I respect him and his teachings as well. I have been to http://www.moock.org many many many times. His book is here:

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1565928520/qid=1016643240/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-5193022-5206565">ActionScript: The Definitive Guide</a>

Flash on my brothers and sisters!