A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found another improvement in MX...

Not sure how much anyone else cares but after working on a new site in flash MX for the last couple days I finally realised something else has been Improved. In my opinion it is a very helpful improvement. When testing your movie in flash MX (ctr-enter) The viewr no longer resizes your movie, no more getting stretched and distorted in the test view. This is true even if you open the bandwidth profiler.
    Again, not sure how much anyone else cares about this but to me it is definately a valued feature and a sign that even the little details are being looked at.

Thanks,
    James

And how did you get your "legal" copy of Flash MX?? It's supposed to be release tomorrow...

[Edited by moises on 03-14-2002 at 10:00 AM]

Originally posted by moises
    And how did you get your "legal" copy of Flash MX?? It's supposed to be release tomorrow...

Moderators, please ban this guy !!!
    behave. How do you know thet this is an illegal copy ? and WTF has it got to do with you ?
    He wasn't promoting warez, wasn't posting links and was offerring useful information.

This site just gets more and more pedantic and unfriendly as time goes on.

how about F12 (CTRL - F12) ?
    flash always uses the just used window when exporting, that not so nice, better would be a new window that flash references every time.

but the test movie thing sounds great!

I think you have a problem with rules, swampy.

I thought that this forum was dedicated to dicuss about the new features that Macromedia and some beta-testers have given us.

If someone talks about a "new feature" that his copy has, I can't believe it, because:

a) He could be lying (I'm not saying you are doing it)
    b) Your copy could be modified by someone.

I have no problem with the rules and I am well aware of them.

Jumping in with both feet and accusing people of illegal activities is both disrespectful and offensive.

Leave the moderating to the moderators

So what's the limit?

I mean, imagine I open a thread about a new feature in Flash MX that I have been investigating in my "copy" of Flash MX. Suppose I post that now Flash can import models from 3DStudio and that it was a surprise, a feature Macromedia wasn't going to talk about it until the final release for a big surprise.

So you mean that if I "share" this discovery with the people here before the final release, this behavior is supported by Flashkit? I don't think so....

like I said
    Leave the moderating to the moderators

Suppose I post that now Flash can import models from 3DStudio and that it was a surprise, a feature Macromedia wasn't going to talk about it until the final release for a big surprise.
    is this a stupid example or the glory truth??

and btw - its interesting how people get mad when there is something around the want to have...

looks a bit like the crowd thats after 100$ bills falling from the sky...

what was the thread about again?

Originally posted by Jarlaxil
    When testing your movie in flash MX (ctr-enter) The viewr no longer resizes your movie, no more getting stretched and distorted in the test view. This is true even if you open the bandwidth profiler.
    Isnt it the same thing, like when you had FScommand(allowscale) set to false. Then even Flash5 doesnt strech preview.

WHAT!!

Originally posted by moises

Moderators, please ban this guy !!!
    I have an unregisteret version of Flash 5 at home to practice on.
    Should I be banned to ???

Do you REALLY think all ppl inhere have a registeret version ??
    Should I pay 4800 Dkr. when I don't use it for comercial use??

And DON'T tell the mods what to do!
    I hate when stupid ppl play king!

freestylez

It was an example, it's not true (I think) because they haven't include 3D support, that's Director field...

perkernar86

Don't you know that there are educational licenses? And that they're not expensive?? 99$ it's not too much if you consider the benefits from it.

If people buy the product the price will go down, if people go for warez, cracks that type of software is where the company lose money and they have to increse the price.

See it from another point of view, you are a software engineer and make a program that take a lot of time and effort. Wouldn't you like to be recognise and people pay for your software? Or you would let the people have your software and take advanteg of it without paying for your effort?

Think about it.... Piracy only beneficts some people...

I know, but I reaaly don't wanna shell out $ twice just cuz I have to be at home sometimes.

I'd much rather buy the original and support great software.
    But sorry as long as game and software prices are so ridicously high, I'm a pirate....
    (not everyone makes a lot of money!)

And about the mod thing... DON'T!!

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by tonypa
    Originally posted by Jarlaxil
    When testing your movie in flash MX (ctr-enter) The viewr no longer resizes your movie, no more getting stretched and distorted in the test view. This is true even if you open the bandwidth profiler.
    Isnt it the same thing, like when you had FScommand(allowscale) set to false. Then even Flash5 doesnt strech preview.
    i've hardly used actionscript in any of my movies so that command was non-existant to me. i'm planning on learning it in mx though. the resize was a bit annoying in flash 5 though.

Come on guys, there are plenty of "SkRiPt KiDdIe" sites out there to vent upon each other. This is supposed to be a dignified board for PROFESSIONAL users. And Moises, you do not sound professional when harping upon the moderators to ban someone whom you find the least bit offensive. Unfortunately Moises, there are plenty of other issues that your energy would be best spent upon, like homelessness or something of the nature.

What is it to you that someone acquired a beta version of an application?! Does it offend you so highly that you feel the need to ask for someone to be banned? And yes, call for my banning too, beause I had the beta of FlashMX a long time back. I havent used it, but a friend has and ONLY because I saw it in action will I buy FlashMX the day it is released!!! Had I not seen it, I would wait a long while!

Moises, those of us who are "seasoned" Flash users come to EXPECT things from future releases of applications, and do not sit behind our computers waiting to find "new features" and then pleasuring ourselves about it, like you seem to. And our happiness in life (unlike yours) is not dependent upon whether we find out of a "surprise" new feature in an application and are the first to post it on a message board.

I mean, haha, come on man... are you serious?!?! You REALLY think new features in an application should get us all aroused to the point of actually posting ignorant comments (and starting arguments) towards thosee who revealed it?! Come on man, smarten up! Grow up! And wake up!

MORAL: Swampy is correct, let the MODERATORS do the moderating!

One last thing Moises, being a best friend of a program developer (a rather well-known app) I KNOW that they let out beta versions so as to create a BUZZ in communities such as this. It gets word of mouth out my friend. OK, I'll put it in simple terms for you. Think of it as movie trailer. Oh wait, how many movie production companies have you contacted and told to stop putting out movie trailers because they spoil good parts of the movies! HAHA!!

Now that I have stooped to Moises level of "flaming" someone on this board, it's time for me to go! I feel dirty now, but I HAD to say something.
    [Edited by BrianScott on 03-14-2002 at 08:38 AM]

Back to the reason of this post, I HATED when id preview, and it wouldnt be in the correct size, I cannot wait to get MX, i think the flash community is going to explode even bigger!!!

BrianScott

You better shup up. You don't know what are you talking about. I see that you have't been in the boards a lot, because of your posts

If you don't know, beta testers agree not to give any information of the product unless they are told to do so. They can talk about features the company has release.

That's all about. Rights and good banners... I'm not going to argue with you because I think we are here to learn and share knowledge, not to crack products.

One point, MM hadn't release the beta to everybody to hear comments about it. Having illegal software or games or music is call Piracy. That's what is this all about.

umm what bout the ppl who have like NO MONEY AT ALL and just wanna learn the stuff
    one day i can use my skills to get a job in which i can pay for a commercial license
    untill then i dont even have money to buy an educational version so i am forced to use a trial and reformatting once i need to use the software again or soemthing
    and i bet i get kicked outa here for saying all this, but ahh well, some ppl will see my point

MOISES, enough from you already. Get off of your high horse. Did you even read my post at all, or did you only read the first paragraph.

What does the amount of my posts have to do with anything? See, I don't post a LOT because I WORK a lot, I do not sit here all day every day and hack on other people, as you seem to do. And IF I do hack, I take the time and effort to actually read an ENTIRE post and think it through before I respond, which you do not seem to have the desire or ability to do.

Guy, what I am saying is that I agree with the point of NOT posting warez info. My thought is that if someone is going to use warez, they should not talk about it, if they do, then they are stupid, BUT, I also realize that warez are out there, and nothing I say or do will eliminate that. So I just let the world go on around me and do what I have to do to make myself happy, and that does not consist of telling others to "shut up" as you so ELOQUENTLY stated it to me (by the way, that was an intelligent attempt to hack me).

Oh, and MOISES, keep in mind that Macromedia put a neat little thing in MX that sends your IP to them when you install it, so let those "warez" users get busted on their own.

One thin you ignored to think about, as you did everything else...

In the subject of the post, it said "Found another improvement in MX..."

well, YOU chose to click on that link, didn't you! You didn't HAVE to, but you CHOSE to. YOU also CHOSE to read it. You did not HAVE to, but you CHOSE to.

So, you made these choices, and do not hack on someone for REVEALING the info if YOU chose to read it.

Think before you post my friend, and we will all avoid having to read this type of garbage again.

I will thank you for trying to GIVE the same respect that you EXPECT to receive.