A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Found it,

wow thats a great site! really nice!

oh and edgen, great footer!

The intros had nice concepts, but in my opinion, they weren't designed very well. You should pay more attention to the little details, because the human eye notices everything.. Some of the animation has slight problems that subtract from the quality of the movies overall. If you look at the larger design companies, you will see that they pay a lot of attention to small details that less-experienced designers overlook. These kinds of things can make a good piece of work into an excellent one.

Film and Game Music - 3D
    again pbleper

if you can point out reasons behind your statement, that would be nice. I think if you can back up your reasons I'll respect your post.

-j

I just posted the reasons right there.. I have seen many.. many flash movies, and I have developed a sense of how 'professional looking' a flash movie is. Your flashes have good concepts, and it seems that you have good animation knowledge, but there seems to be something missing.. I cannot tell you what it can possibly be, because these are your flash movies, not mine. I would advise you pay more attention to small details in your flash movies. I am not one to point out specifics, because then that would be implementing my ideas into your designs, so I advise that you should carefully study your movies and improve them, or possibly do so in your future movies.

(I'm sorry if I seemed too harsh before, but yesterday I was in a very critical mood.)

Arrow Thats yesterday this is today...

Edgen we go back from the other board and you know man I respect your work to the fullest but here on my left we have the designer who asks the guy on my right for an in-depth description of where the problems lies...He says (I cannot tell you what it can possibly be, because these are your flash movies, not mine.) If thats the case why even state the problem?? Because obviously you don't know what it is because you can't even point it out. I advise you leave yesterday in the past because dwelling on it restrains you from looking to the future...Words of Wisdom for ya. Shall I go on? Not to be rude but you sound abit out there.

Quantum EQ, you probably don't know what I'm talking about. I stated it clearly in my posts.

Anyways.. maybe I should just stop posting on these forums, because it seems that whenever I post something negative, it creates a problem.

Arrow No need to not post but..

It's not the nature of the post but how you word it, that creates the negative responses.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

frames/sec

Ive seen this site before... I think it was on bestflashanimationsite.com .... I love it... Great work!

I have two questions though... when choosing to turn the music on the page... it pauses for a long wile... is it suppost to or is it just loading the music? (I'm on 56k so that could be why)

And one more thing... what fps do you use 24 ... 30.. it looks really good... how does it run on slower machiens though

Keep up the good work... your doing a great job.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar

Smile ok

pretty nice intro, but ruined by the cheesy euro style dance music. Otherwize good work

cheers

Nevil
    http://www.theory7.com

Ok, you want specifics? As I said before, that's pushing my own ideas in front of yours, but alright, here are a few things I've noticed, that I didn't like..

In the beginning, at the "Song Evolution by..etc..", "in the technology you desire" disappears abruptly. The break in the music is also a tad distracting, but if that's just the soundtrack, then nevermind.

The text "Own" (in the part where it says Expanding In Our Own) is not properly synched to the music when flashing.

The "Evolution" flying tunnel part is probably the nicest part in the intro, that was carried out perfectly, but then right after that, the 3d "<<<"'s suddenly flash in awkwardly, and it doesn't look too good.

When the <<<'s are flying, theres some text flying out of them.. theres something like "Breaking the Rules", which looks awkward (the animation of it moving left).

Then, when the tooth things are rotating around (before it says Convergence), theres some black text in front of them, you can't see it at all (or at least, I can't).

Lastly, I believe there could be some more detail in some parts of the intro, but again, these are my own ideas, and you may possibly disagree with them. This is why I don't like mentioning specifics.

Please don't flame me, this is what you asked for

Film and Game Music - 3D
    There you go!!

Excellent! You now have my respect.

pbleper, much like some of your intros, I created the AMS intro basically in one sitting. After that, an hour or two of tweaking the final version. We needed an intro, my other business partner at the time picked the music (which, i don't care of euro dance/trance myself) and kablamo

If you've heard my own music compositions, you'll definately see the contrast. I dig the more dramatic/epic film scores/trailer music. I guess that was his contribution.

Regardless, Thanks for the input, and I'll definately keep you posted on the next intro I create for AMS.

I appreciate everyone's response and the positive and negative feedback.

you guys rock!

-j

dhawaltank

resolved u guys are just plain great

I am just a twelve year old and looking at your websites, I feel like when will I ever rise to such a level. I have recently bought a book to learn flash but you guys are masters. The music, the effects, the darkness shadowy world mythical world is just great. I really am jeolous of you. I want other people to look at my work and say "Wow, this is great." I just hope I can ever become like you guys.

WOW good job Edgen. I have a question, is Edgen your company or AllMediaStudios?

Good job. I wish I can design something like that.

Film and Game Music - 3D
    ha!! Thank you! I'm glad you like my work

To answer your question.. Edgen Animations is more or less a personal portfolio. Something that I've had for sometime now, and a portal to showcase my film scores. (even though I haven't broke into the major motion picture arena just yet... or gaming *hint*hint*) Plus, it's a place where I have my art gallery. Paintings, drawings, ramblings, music, etc.

All Media Studios is a company that I started to take care of the business side of things. Its just a legit name/company so that the government can take some taxes out legally. We basically find projects and then outsource the work to young, talented individuals. Sometimes, I consider some of them my interns because I'll help them out along the way. Or at least teach them what I know. Who knows, they may turn around, and have their own successful company one day.

My best advice is to just have fun. Do the work you want to do, and don't give in to bull**** jobs. You should never wake up one day saying to yourself... "man.. i hate my job". Well, if you hate it. Find something you like. You'll never please everyone, and there will always be someone out there who enjoys peanut butter and jelly sites, and bright off the wall colors. AND... much like 2A... you'll find people who think you've ripped off someone else.

Seriously... how many people on this board actually Design to please a client? Like girls dress for other girls.. Developers develop to impress other developers and design/music/art people create art to impress other fellow artists. We basically compete against ourselves when everyone should know by now... There's an assload of work out there. You've just got to nut up and prove yourself the job can be done.

Nothing like waking in your boxers and going to work. Is college worth it? ya, and nae... sorta. But it's the skills you learn there that will apply to your every day interaction with people. If you are nerd and can't learn to communicate... chances are you won't go far. (which sometimes I think derbauer is simply a young 'adult' that hides in the basement of his parents house who does nothing but intro, after intro, after intro. Everytime i turn around, he's got a new one)

Damn.. i've rambled too much.
    You like the work.. great.. you don't like it.. heheheh kiss my ass I wish I had the ability to fire clients sometimes. Oh well, happy hunting.

-j

edgen.. what kind of skills in college?
    Also.. who cares about interacting with people? If someone is the top designer in the world, they don't need social skills.. people just want their work, and pay them.

Film and Game Music - 3D
    WEll, I guess if you wanted to be a pale ghost locked in the basement of your house the rest of your life, and not enjoy other people and the outdoors.. that's your business. Ya.. we are nerds... but... At the same time.. are we cool nerds that can interact with other nerds?

If i had a client that wanted something and I couldn't convey my ideas to them whether it be through email or a one on one meeting, I'm in the wrong biz. If you think you could settle with just sitting at home being an "illusive ghost"... all the power you. Let me know when you are succesfull at that.

College... higher learning. Its not just about class work. it's about learning other things you may need in life. Like responsibility, time management, and beer consumption.

pleber... you always this negative in your remarks?

-j

FLESRUOYLLIK

comment

like it

Sorry edgen, my posts somehow always end up seeming negative :P
    Just wanted to know if there's any chance I can skip college and still be successful

Skip college and be a beggar.

Just kidding.