A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Found it,

I believe you can do all the things (and much more) that I suggested with Sound Forge. I just read something about it, and it seems to have a good range of distortion filters and other equalizer filters.. I might look into that program..

Acid is good too, but you can't really edit the actual sound too well, just cut it up and layer it.. but you can cut stuff up in sound forge..

The programs shouldn't be TOO hard once you get the hang of
    'em.

Another thing not many people know of, is for natural sounds, you can use things that trigger our natural primitive instincts... Remember that crazy 'scream' sound in the matrix when Neo first plugged in? Well I really took notice of that.. searched around, and found that they used a combination of sounds including a warning scream that our primitive ancestors (monkeys) use to warn of danger, mixed with other things..

So, for example.. lets say you have a big explosion or impact sound.. try taking a tiger's roar/growl (or something like that) and mixing it in right before the impact.. or making it deeper or something.. It will make the impact effect much greater.

The guys who made the soundfx for Jurassic Park used sounds from seals, elephants, and other animals, and mixed+edited them together for new unique sounds..

Sorry, I'm probably getting a bit off track here, but this stuff might help someone :-P

Nice info to know. Thanks pbleper and edgen. I have been interested in getting into some sound effects and music creation myself and this will help me get started.

pbleper, I see you have a new footer. Nice! One thing though...it's killing my machine!! My poor PIII 450 can't handle it. hehe

~K

yikes.. thanks for telling me.. I'll tone it down later

Thanks for the info pbleper. The problem I am having with these music loop files is that not one of these free ones is really that good and usable on a website. Hence, they are free. I am more than willing to pay for some quality sound. How is it exactly that the Blitz and the 2A music selection hit me immediately. I like them instantly. There HAS to be someone out there who makes music that can produce something really catchy like those two selections. You know what I mean?

Yeah I know.. there was that stylish flash site that sold nice music.. if anyone knows the link please post!

The best way though is to get it custom made, or make it yourself :-/

Fly on you crazy diamond. gingerbreadgirl's Avatar

No.. it was a different site, but thanks for the link anyway!

Film and Game Music - 3D

Recording Stuffs

Yup!! You can make sounds with just about everything and record it with your rinky dink mic. in some of my music pieces, you can hear my "Durban Rumble". It was me taking the mic, hitting record, and rubbed it against my jeans really slowly. I then lowered the EQ for the bass, added some reverb and kablamo bbaaaaaaaahhhhrrrrrrmmmmmmm

Other ways to get music and Sound FX is going to sound FX demo sites. Usually you can find sounds from a sample MP3, import it in soundforge, and "cut" the effects you like the best. Now, you may think this is stealing. But.. tihs*, just alter the sounds, reverse them, mix with others. Its not like they created them either. You could easily go out and just record stuff all day long.

Another "ripping" place is DVDs. ****! they've got TONs of cool sound FX on them.. specially the splash screens. One good one is "Battle Field Earth". Its got some cool fx within.

You've just got to find the easiest way to get them. As for music... My recommendation is http://www.mp3.com it's the best "untapped" music resource available. There are TONS of artists and musicians that do not mind if you use there music as long as you give props back to them and ask their permission first.

remember, No one likes a thief, but, if you can learn to conceal what you stole, that is just plain witty.

-j

Hey edgen,
    You haven't found that expanding window script have you?
    No biggie, I could look for it myself, but I've been very busy putting together this oracle event here in SD. But if you do find it, Thanks again!

Originally posted by pbleper
    Yeah I know.. there was that stylish flash site that sold nice music.. if anyone knows the link please post!

The best way though is to get it custom made, or make it yourself :-/
    Is it this ?

http://www.killersound.com

no.. it was quite a stylish flash site.. i think i remember some blue/white in the interface..

C'mon pbleper. We've given you a week to remember the site now. Do you have any idea yet?

sorry man, don't know..

I'm just messing with you. When you think of it, please post for us.

Found it.

http://www.soundshopper.com

They changed their site and url that's why..

Listen to their samples.. theyre qute long.. just wait a minute for the loop to finish and other ones will play.. Soft rock pack is pretty kewl.. all those packs are nice.

Thanks pbleper. This site looks quite good. Lots of good music. Similar to http://www.soundrangers.com

I was wondering why I kept falling on the floor and
    having fits....It's your Sig pbleper!!!!!

It's giving me epilepsy!!!

ehhehehehe :-P

Film and Game Music - 3D

Post Window Changing Size

Originally posted by dunnright00
    Hey edgen,
    You haven't found that expanding window script have you?
    No biggie, I could look for it myself, but I've been very busy putting together this oracle event here in SD. But if you do find it, Thanks again!
    here we go: as seen at http://www.allmediastudios.com

index.html > intro.html > loader.html > main.html

(in the intro.html)
    The intro flash file needs to end "GET URL "loader.html" or whatever.

(in the loader.html)
    It's a java applet. You need to get:
    http://www.allmediastudios.com/windowfunction.js
    (you shouldn't have to modify this)

Then, in the <head> you need to put:
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" SRC="windowfunctions.js"></script>
    <script>
    xresnow=600;
    yresnow=300;
    </script>
    </head>

In the <BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff" TEXT="#000000" marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 topmargin=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 id=all> tags:
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scroll="no" onLoad="resizer('NAME_OF_NEXT_HTML.html',600,500)" >
    blah blah blah image image image
    </body>

should work. If not... humm.. I dunno how I did it then.