A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Found it,

Flash Honkie

um...where do I begin?

okay...I'm not necessaarily new to the flash world, but I have three jobs, and I'ma full time student, so I don't have as much time.

It's when I see stuff like this that my heart jumps, my stomach plummets, my mind races, and my brow sweats...

I have accomplished so much, yet I have so much to learn.

Do I wish to aspire or do I sit back in awe?

Aspiration is my goal, time is my enemy...

I think my only criticism is that you are too good.

hey edgen

Okay I've been searching everywere for this sript... maybe you can help

I want a "short cut icon" for people who bookmark my site... I upladed a .ico file to my server and looked at your source.. but I cant figure it out... exactly what all do I need for something like that

I appreciate the help, thanx.

And once agian your site rocks

Film and Game Music - 3D

ICO shortcut icon

ptacnik

<html>
    <head>
    <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.yourdomain.com/your_ico.ico">
    <title>.... </title>

Make sure you put it after the <head> and before the <title>. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it seems to work for me. Also, I just put my .ico file in my root directory of my server.

For those people wanting to make an icon for their Site, Download a program called, "Microangelo". Its pretty cool for other useless eyecandys. Otherwise known as a complete waste of time and I have nothing better to do program.

Smile

Hey thanx... I'll have to try again...

I use Axailis Icon maker sometimes... but I actually find it easier (at least more fun) to make something in photoshop.. save it as a bitmap... that way I can open it up in paint (can you believe there is actually a use for paint) then I save as an .ico from there, works well (sometimes)

but anyway thanx... I'll have to try again... ill let you know if it works

Ohhhhhhhhh... and one more thing... I'm looking for some music for my intro... do you "take request".. and if so do you charge for specific requests? Don't have to get specific on price or anything... just wondering. my site will be used for me to show my work through out my next three years at the Art Institute... not for profit or anything like that. I would of course be more than happy to place a link back to edgen.com & allmediastudios

anyway I'll quit ramblin'... let me know

thanks again

Hi the http://www.allmediastudios.com/ is really nice, but i wonder how did he make the window slowly resized at the end of the intro..... anyone know how?
    Thanks

ok.. i have read the earlier message on the resize, but the java ap on http://www.allmediastudios.com/windowfunction.js i cannot get... can you check edgen. thanks.

dude...this is the longest and the coolest thread that I've ever read in flashkit forum. First of all, great job there Edgen. Your site is so AWESOME. I wish I can have those excellent skils like yours. I don't even know how to build a website with macromedia Flash. All I know is Swish v2. I wish I know Adobe, Macromedia, Web Design..etc since in junior high school. I just learned all those stuff in the last 1 year. Yeah it's too late maybe. Oh well...never too late to learn, isnt it ? All you guys have a good website. I'm just sitting here and...jealous
    *Wth am I talkin' about ?*
    Again Edgen...good job

regards,

kevin

Film and Game Music - 3D
    Originally posted by ptacnik
    Ohhhhhhhhh... and one more thing... I'm looking for some music for my intro... do you "take request".. and if so do you charge for specific requests? Don't have to get specific on price or anything... just wondering. my site will be used for me to show my work through out my next three years at the Art Institute... not for profit or anything like that. I would of course be more than happy to place a link back to edgen.com & allmediastudios
    Requests?? Oh boy. Well, that's when I feel like i should finally start to charge money I more or less give my music away because 1) it's a hobby. 2) Exposure 3)You'll steal it and use it anyway.

My goal is to one day get the opportunity to score a full length feature movie. Hell, Listen to Memento. I have the same sounds/samples, and I have a similar style to his. I can easily do something like that. Now.. I'm definately not a musical genious, nor do I know the littlest technical details. Actual Musicians and orchestral players are my biggest enemy. Its small guys like me that saturate the market and all they can do is get upset over it. If i get the chance one day... sure.. I'll hire them. Until then, my current 11 albums and #? songs will continue to be free of use as long as you give credit back to me.

happy hunting and enjoy!

Damn.. 6 pages in this thread? If i gave away anymore of my tricks, i'm screwed. I guess I'll just have to come up with some new ones in my next intros !

fyi.. my latest > http://www.johnmichael.com
    (shameless plug)

-j

umm if you guys want that window resize script thing i think i have what you need.

check http://www.seeminglyawake.net/kyle/furiousgeorge

if thats what you want email me or IM me.

Edgen, that Monento Score is one of my favorites for sure!

no.. i cant spell

Originally posted by edgen

My goal is to one day get the opportunity to score a full length feature movie. Hell, Listen to Memento. I have the same sounds/samples, and I have a similar style to his. I can easily do something like that. Now.. I'm definately not a musical genious, nor do I know the littlest technical details. Actual Musicians and orchestral players are my biggest enemy. Its small guys like me that saturate the market and all they can do is get upset over it. If i get the chance one day... sure.. I'll hire them. Until then, my current 11 albums and #? songs will continue to be free of use as long as you give credit back to me.

happy hunting and enjoy!

Damn.. 6 pages in this thread? If i gave away anymore of my tricks, i'm screwed. I guess I'll just have to come up with some new ones in my next intros !

fyi.. my latest > http://www.johnmichael.com
    (shameless plug)

-j [/B]
    The reason this thread is so popular is not only your awsome site(s), but your overall attitude toward other designers/developers. There are so may people out there that become good at what they do and become cocky and rude. Its nice to see someone with that "ya I made it... take it if you like" attitude instead of "Im good, your not, nuff said" attitudes.
    Some may say you have to step on alot of toes to get to were you want in life... but your just a good example of someone who can get there all the wile helping others along the way. (that sounded kinda chezzy.. but its true)

And this might sound kinda chezzy but you are seriously an insparation! I'm not braggin' but I ussually catch on pretty quick to this kinda stufF (computer graphics/animation and such) but it makes me just as happy to help someone else and watch there project grow as it is to design my own...... ITS NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH AN ATTITUDE ALONG THE SAME LINE.

Okay I'll shut up now....

P.S. my site is coming... and you are screwed

kiding of course

Film and Game Music - 3D

oops.. wrong file name :)

here's the javascript to get the window resize thingy...
    http://www.allmediastudios.com/windowfunctions.js

Before I forgot to add the "s".

Thank you. Its just that I've been where you guys are and it was hard to actually find someone to help me when I had questions. Come to think of it, no one ever helped me. So, i pushed harder to find it out myself. Eventually I figured things out, and I ran across this post in the boards. I just love my job, and I couldn't ask for anything better.

-j

Music

Edgen, I know little about flash, but i know a ton about music. Your compositions are compelling my friend. I was stunned when i heard the first composition but after the 100th i was on my knees bowing. You do some truly amazing work my friend. What programs do you use for your music? Hey, I may be a different(the enemy)and i may go about things differently musically but i certainly like your music and you certainly are a musician nonetheless. Cheers !
    [Edited by xenotheory on 04-22-2002 at 08:49 PM]

Film and Game Music - 3D

Re: Music

Originally posted by xenotheory
    Edgen, I know little about flash, but i know a ton about music. Your compositions are compelling my friend. I was stunned when i heard the first composition but after the 100th i was on my knees bowing. You do some truly amazing work my friend. What programs do you use for your music? Hey, I may be a different(the enemy)and i may go about things differently musically but i certainly like your music and you certainly are a musician nonetheless. Cheers !
    Thank you. wow!! Bowing?

I use GigaStudio and Samples for the music, custom instruments, and Cakewalk Express (came with my SB Live). All connected from my PC to my P.O.S. Casio CT700 keyboard. And once I create layer apon layer of tracks, i'll export each track to a .wav beginning with a "blip". I then import all the .wavs into a program called, "Nuendo" and line up all the "blips". From there, i adjust the volumes, pans, echos, fx. Its a pain in the ass, but it gets the work done There's a small tutorial on my site on how I do it. Hope that helps! Plus, there are links to get you started on finding sample CDs, Soundfont Links, and other misc sound boards i use for help.

For some of my older pieces, I used Soundfonts and Cakewalk Express. thanks to my bud http://www.mp3.com/justins I discovered GigaStudio.

-j

Re: no.. i cant spell

Originally posted by ptacnik
    Originally posted by edgen
    -j
    The reason this thread is so popular is not only your awsome site(s), but your overall attitude toward other designers/developers. There are so may people out there that become good at what they do and become cocky and rude. Its nice to see someone with that "ya I made it... take it if you like" attitude instead of "Im good, your not, nuff said" attitudes.
    Some may say you have to step on alot of toes to get to were you want in life... but your just a good example of someone who can get there all the wile helping others along the way. (that sounded kinda chezzy.. but its true)

And this might sound kinda chezzy but you are seriously an insparation! I'm not braggin' but I ussually catch on pretty quick to this kinda stufF (computer graphics/animation and such) but it makes me just as happy to help someone else and watch there project grow as it is to design my own...... ITS NICE TO SEE SOMEONE WITH AN ATTITUDE ALONG THE SAME LINE.

Okay I'll shut up now....

P.S. my site is coming... and you are screwed

kiding of course [/B]
    That is so true, I think this is a cool thread and a amazing resource and that is what this site is supposed to be all about
    ------------------
    On that note I have a question
    I have been posting o nthis board and others but have not gotten an answer

Does anybody want to share how they do those flash ad's that sit on a transparent layer above the page
    Like on http://www.maximonline.com and on http://www.yahoo.com
    I figure it is just a flash file with transparent background set but the question is how do you get the file loaded in the top layer ( z-index)
    Thanks for any help or direction

it's probably a dhtml box.. look up dhtml stuff