A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PETITION FOR MM TO GET THEIR SERVER IN WORKING ORDER AGAIN

sign here guys...when they see the demand, they won't be able to 'slack off' Te He!

What a poorly executed launch!!!!!!! Get your **** together!!!

Beyond the Sea

Put my name down.

They really should have been prepared for this. Everybody wants your product and you can't deliver. That's bad...very bad...

Easy my friends. Take a seat and relax. I'm sure you can download it soon enough. No panic. It's good to be a Flash junkie, but hey, isn't it the best time when you know you will have a new toy to play with very soon? It's like the day bevor christmas.

Fredi

Beyond the Sea

easy for you to say, you've got your copy :P

actually, the last 10 days were like the day before Christmas. Each day learning of new features and add-ons that would just be icing on an already sweet cake...

This is more like waking up on Christmas to find, not the shiny new bicycle you wanted, but an "IOU one bicycle" card under the tree...and even that is torn...

It's like the day bevor christmas.

More like it's Christmas Day and Santa didn't come yet!!

Angry

I agree with Kraken. Thsi is what MM should have expected, and prevented. I don't like being messed about. I've been waiting for MX for too long!!!

Look on the bright side - this is an indication of how popular Flash really is.

It's called job security, my friends.

This is a demonstration of total incompetemce from MM's side.

How come they hype this launch so much and then their on-line deliver system colapses after 5 minutes after 00:00 hrs.

Absolutely outrage.

Macromedia: Get you act together, stop the hype and add more servers.

-- A p***-off customer

A Jamaican in Flash world

But still

We are waiting and can't get anywhere..
    it's really getting to me..

it's like MM post mi... left me standing

Owned By Code
    Originally posted by Subway
    Easy my friends. Take a seat and relax. I'm sure you can download it soon enough. No panic. It's good to be a Flash junkie, but hey, isn't it the best time when you know you will have a new toy to play with very soon? It's like the day bevor christmas.

Fredi
    LOL, easyier said when you already have MX...

and looking at your sig was kewl because it pulled all my fonts, which is hundreads... your scrollbar still held up.

hasdlfk haskld fajksdfk aklsjdfh asldkfhj askldj fhaklsdjfh ak

I'm pissed

The better thing when you're not the first is, that you have some good examples and helping threads on the boards when you start using MX.

I was really frustrated this morning, cause I found no way to read the x and y resolution from the system object. (It was a typo in the MX help) It took me one hour to figure it out and now you can do a simple search on the boards and you will find an awnser to your questions.

I know, I would react in a similar way like you, when I don't had it right now. So anyway, just don't start to fight MM cause you will love the tool after you finaly downloaded it.

Fredi

Beyond the Sea
    I know, Subway, and I'm sorry if I offended you...or Macromedia.

I'm just angry that I was defending MM, telling people to wait and just chill and now I feel as though I was just stabbed in the back. i cleared my plate of design work for this morning so I could start diving right in and now I probably won't be able to download the trial until tomorrow...

It's just a HUGE misstep that I think will cost MM in the long run...and that sucks...

You know, I would be the first to let you download the trial from my server. (I'm sure my server would crash in seconds, too) But if I would do that, MM would never give me support.

Fredi

Owned By Code
    true and i've been going to different exampes of kewl things people have done in MX already inbetween refreshing my brains out on the macromedia site....

on a side note, if anyone has any neat little things they did in MX post links... i want to play

patience

blasting macromedia like this doesnt seem just, its not as if anything is going to majorly upset your life if you cant get Flash MX on the first day or couple of days?

Re: It's like the day bevor christmas.

Originally posted by midntrdr
    More like it's Christmas Day and Santa didn't come yet!!
    it's 12:51 pm Christmas afternoon and Santa's still stuck in the damn chimney!

have patience!

Beyond the Sea
    it's not about my patience. It's about customer service.

THEY advertised the 15th. If they'd said the 21st, I'd still be patiently waiting, reading the posts, getting more excited...and...blah, blah, blah...

you know I realize I'm just spinning my wheels...I've said my peace. I'm done. I'll try again on monday, but I'm not going to buy it until my 30 day trial expires.

Best of luck to everyone.

No hard feelings, huh?

in all fairness, i think they had no idea the launch would be as big as it is. yes, they knew it would be big, and i'm sure they thought they were ready, but it was much bigger.

How many overcrowded web events by big companies will it take before they'll actually understand the need for better hardware? I've been a part of too many such launch parties.

MM says they have 98% market penetration with the flash plugin and while that doesn't mean that all those people have the development environment, all they hype they placed on it should have given them a big clue.

I am certain they had a HUGE early bird notification list, so they MUST have had some idea of how many people would hit the site.

I've been a doomsayer on my own companies live launch of a site that was supposed to get about twice to ten times as many concurrent users as any installation of our system had ever had but no one wants to spend money until their is money coming it to subsidize it. That is so frustrating.

skip