A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: making windows full screen

how do I make a flash movie appear full screen, no matter the size of the monitor without the user having to do anything?
    any help greatly appreciated.

It's strongly suggested that you don't do that. If youlook at posts with people having full screen, most everyone 99% of the users that go onto the site will not look through the site. They will most likely leave immediatly. Full screen is an annoyance and shouldn't be used, just a heads up.

ok, i didn't explain myself right.
    I want to know if there is a way of automatically setting the size of the movie within the window to it's fullest, keeping the toolbars and all intact.
    I agree that 'full' fullscreen is annoying, that's not what I want.
    because I in my house work on a 17 inch monitor, there are people who have smaller and larger monitors, therefore when I create something here, using about 760 pixels in width makes a comfortable fit width ways. however on a 15 inch monitor, that would creat scroll bars width ways because 760 pixels is more than the width of the screen.
    so if there is a formula to have my movie appear fully width wise on every type/size of monitor, I'd like to know how.
    thank you

http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/fillthewindow.html
    Easiest method:
    <BODY MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" RIGHTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" BOTTOMMARGIN="0">
    In the <body> tag of the HTML

Or just set your movie to %100x%100 in the Publish Settings->HTML

ooooops, my fault, sorry if i came off as a little mean also.. . Sorry.