dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Reporting Warez

How would I go about reporting a website that may contain an unauthorized copy of FlashMX? Some idiot told me that he downloaded a trial version of FlashMX a week before its official release, and he was polite enough to provide a link...

piracy@macromedia.com

send an e-mail with the site in question to them.

Okay, thanks.

Mind your own business... first of all your not the creator of flash so why bother? Second if its not you thats going to get in trouble for using the illegal copy of flash... why get so annoyed. Macromedia will charge what it charging no matter what. Your the only idiot advertising w*?ez. Your the only idiot letting people who didn't know they can find this program run to search engines and look for it. Just drop drop it man.. it doesn't concern you. If you say yes it does because macromedia will charge even more because of the loss... then you need to look again because now more than ever has macromedia become so out there and now more than ever is when they should lower down the price but they don't. All in all what im trying to say is that you need to worry about yourself not others and get a life.. stop acting so innocent because i can bet my life you do worst thing than download an illegal copy of a software... go pick your bugger if you dont have anythign better to do you childish little man lol. Ok enough said.

oi, criptonite. **** off.

he has the full right to do so. so, leave him be.

Developer
    he got his answer now close this thread!

Criptonite: You can hold your beliefs and I can hold mine. Now, rather than tyring to force your opinions onto me, why don't you just mind your own business?

Crip,
    So if some one gets murdered in front of your house and you see the whole thing, you should do nothing because it's not your problem??

Although when it comes to having the trial version EARLY, it's not that big of a deal... I doubt MM will really go after that (but I dont know the company that well.. so I might be wrong).. but when people are hacking it and getting it for free while others have to pay.. that isn't right. It's not like it costs that much money!

You know after today i think macromedia deserves it anyways. I dont want to start a battle here... just want those hipocrites advertising w*#ez without knowing it to shut the hell up. By mentioning it and saying its out they are advertising it... I didn't know that it was possible to find programs in the net illegally but free untill i saw some idiot like billabong saying it was out there.

About somebody getting shot... lol... come on! how are you going to compare a download and a murder? Thats just way off there buddy

i want people to put thier ages so that you can see most of the people with the time and dedication to flash and who become real profesionals are around 14 through 18 ... im not saying all but most! now tell me 500 dollars isn't alot for a kid that age... and i doubt your mother would give you the money for it not knowing what the hell it is for. Be realistic and stop being so hipocrites. Me as you can see i dont even spell out the word w*#ez because i dont want to advertise it. I let those money grabbing companies handle thier own business. How much is macromedia paying you to put aside things in your life to go like a little 12 years and blab your big mouth...? NOTHINGGGGG!!!!!!! but i guess that just me. I wont reply anymore because i feel is useless anyways. So whatever you have to so keep it to yourself man. I hope they delete this thread!

Hehe, I'm not going to take sides, BUT... would Macromedia really give a crap about the beta version now? The official release is here.

And you are not going to gain points with MM for turning someone in, in fact, you might draw attention to yourself for consorting with software pirates. Guilt by association.

When it comes to software piracy, they do not care who they bust, a friend of mine turned in his old design company for the same thing, and the feds came down on him pretty hard also, just for working there, even though he didn't know anything about it until the end, and THAT is why he left, a little ironic if you ask me. I guess it's a power-trip thing.

Just saying, be careful and think it through before you do anything, remember, those people will get busted by their own stupidity, best if you just stay away from it.

Just my personal opinion, that's all.

If you can not afford it, don't use it.

So if I can not afford a Lamborgini but want one, I should go steal it right? That is exactly what you are saying.

And yes, we can tell you are about 12-13.

Macromedia is charging so they get paid for their time and effort. If we all stole their product, there would never be any advancements. Also, they are marketing to professionals and not 13 year old kids.

Ask your mommie and daddy for the cash.

I think it is great people report warez. I mean, he had to pay for the product, why shouldn't you?

Go learn C and then make your own version of Flash. Then when it's all done, you put it on the web for us to download for free ok?

Okay criptonite...take a deep breath and count to 10! There, feel better?

First off, there's nothing wrong with wanting to report a website that's offering an illegal version of an application that we're all going to be paying for. I get annoyed when I see pirated software for download because I've stumped up the full $499 (well, okay, $199 for the upgrade) for it, and I'm sure many other people are the same.

You're right that $500 is a lot for a kid to find, but these are professional development tools we're talking about, not toys. For a professional web developer, the initial outlay will likely be more than covered by the first job that you use it for. Macromedia have a right to collect revenue for tools that they spend thousands of man-hours developing - saying that freeloaders should be allowed to priate software because they can't afford to buy it is completely irrational.

If you want to discuss this further than you can mail me, but as far as this thread is concerned the case is closed!

Regards,

Steve

The original post was about the BETA version, not the final product.

Now, the final product is out! Along with the trial. So who cares if some moron has the beta version! He's way behind! let him stay back there.

Come on guys! Pay attention! The trial version was not available anywhere a week and some odd days ago. FlashMX BETA was.

Just because some moron called it the trial version and placed a link to it, does not make it so.

-------------- JOKING HERE ----------------
    If I told you that your pants were on fire, would you run to the fire department to have them put it out?

[Edited by dieselfuel on 03-15-2002 at 02:27 PM]

thank you - the thread starter's Q has been answered, Im closing this !

Have nice day

a