dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: actionscripts of externally loaded movies

hey

Thanks, I'll make not of the stop action.

Yea, the image viewer is what I'm having problems with. These are the external movies I'm calling, but for some reason I can't get the correct AS to associate with the correct movie. I have 4 keyframes w/ the individual AS for each movie, but it only pulls the first frame's script for all 4 movies.....

As for ideas on finding jobs, I'll respond tonight when I get home.

Later,
    Blake

BlakeR, I'm having the same sort of probs as you were.
    The Ascript for my loaded movies aren't working.
    Can't seem to get it right, would you mind posting the script for any one of your buttons that is calling on the external movies's to play?

Dig your site btw!

if it helps, this is the script I have for my buttons
    on (release)
    loadMovie("slider.swf", "_root.slidermc")

Everything pop's up in place, but nothing works!

Here is my button action. pretty much the same as you.

on (release) {
    loadMovie ("bw_horizontal.swf", "_root.placeMe");
    }

I got the first actions to work by pasting the AS associated with the called movie in the main timeline. My problem now is that all the movies pull from that AS instead of the frame with the correct AS.

Originally I tried:
    on (release) {
    gotoAndPlay (2);
    loadMovie ("bw_horizontal.swf", "_root.placeMe");
    }

Each frame (1-4) had the AS inserted in the main timeline for each specific movie. IE each button pointed to a different frame that contained each spefic AS. But still it only read the AS from frame 1.

I'll still working on it. If I find out I'll keep everyone posted....

Blake

No, i think you're calling it right but you're not call it to the right position.
    the _x (position) should be the position of the _x from your main timeline.

let me know if that works. . . i had almost the same problem before with a AS and i was refering to the wrong _x pos.

It finally works

I got it! I did the above idea of inserting each AS in a individualy keyframe for each specific movie called. I needed to a a stop action on each frame as well.

On to better things, like adding preloaders and making the splash page static! PS. I figured I'd add a simple rollover for my contact info for now.

Thanks for your help guys (Gab).

Blake
    http://www.bramdesign.com

Re: it's all good....

Originally posted by gabiel
    glad i could help and good luck with the rest,
    see you around.

P.S. Maybe u can help me aswell, i have to find a way to attract new clients and i really don't know where to look, do you have any ideas ???
    e-mail me at: gafmedia@sympatico.ca

take care
    Have you done much public or social websites? It may be a way to open new doors. Of course you might have to do a probono site, but if that's what it takes it might help get your name out. I'm not sure how things are run in Canada, but here in TX we have a Chamber of Commerce which you can join. It's a great way to meet people in local businesses. Unfortunately, I'm still in college. It keeps me busy enough, so jobs aren't too high on my priority list.

Another possible idea might be freelancing. Find a company that does web or advertising that needs help with their flash/multimedia department. I read a freelancing book a while back, but unfortunately I don't have it here at school. I also noticed you are running a mac, so you don't get to see the lovely chromeless window on my website. If you haven't a chromeless on PC I suggest you check it out. It's quite nice.

I was noticing the smoking budda, buda (sp?) and was wondering how you created the smoke. What program and how? Do tell! I also noticed that you close to my age (30-12-78). It's cool to see someone already working hard creating their own business. That's my plan down the road, hence the website. Keep in touch.

Thanks for your help,
    Blake
    ps. My IM name is UTBlakeR. Give me a buzz if you see me online.

Re: Re: it's all good....

I was noticing the smoking budda, buda (sp?) and was wondering how you created the smoke. What program and how? Do tell! I also noticed that you close to my age (30-12-78). It's cool to see someone already working hard creating their own business. That's my plan down the road, hence the website. Keep in touch.

Thanks for your help,
    Blake
    ps. My IM name is UTBlakeR. Give me a buzz if you see me online.

Ok Blake, i'll teel you for the smoke.
    It's quite simple but it was just to think about it that took me a while.
    It's a QT movie that i tranfered into flash and i added a few frames here and there to make it longer. It works well and it's not to heavy. I like bringing movie files into flash it really gives it another dimension.If you don't know how to import a QuickTime mov. into flash ask me.
    There ! Easy right ?!?!

Oh, i have to mention that this is not my first company, i started a that with a friend a little while ago (in a completely different feild) but this 'online' company is much harder to start. But thanks for the props.
    What feild do you study in?

question

i'm trying to do this as well, have the external movies fade in but i can't seem to get it to work. i know i'm screwing up the actionscript but would anyone care to clarify how it should be set up in each external movie??

Re: question

If you are talking about the alpha fade in then the external movies are loaded here's the coding...
    In frame 1 I have the AS for my image scroller and:
    var _alpha=0;

In frame 2 I have:
    if (this._alpha<100) {
    }
    this._alpha = this._alpha+2;

In frame 3 I have:
    gotoAndPlay (2);

All of this coding is in the main timeline.

Originally posted by salparadi
    i'm trying to do this as well, have the external movies fade in but i can't seem to get it to work. i know i'm screwing up the actionscript but would anyone care to clarify how it should be set up in each external movie??

Blake

Field of Study

I'm studying Design Communication (graphic design) at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX. Home of the Big Band Bobbie Knight. I'm also majoring in Mechanical Engineering, but that's on hold till I finish my design degree.

B

blakeR, thanks for that

Any time...

Originally posted by chook
    blakeR, thanks for that