A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Web Design and graphics with flash.

AMS site? i dunno, hey i went to your site, very sweet, could you help me with my laoder, it won't work and i have even looked at the ones here. still can't figure it out.

Lengthy Member
    gdstudios had mentioned the AMS website (http://www.allmediastudios.com). AMS is a central Kentucky company; I know the guys who run it. They're not competitors of ours as we do marketing and advertising, primarily print. I just wanted to let them know their site was referenced on FlashKit, should be interesting. That's why I'm curious how he'd found it; that would be good info for them.

A properly streamed site doesn't need a true preloader. It just needs to flash "loading" on the screen for a few seconds to get the first few seconds of its stream ready. You can test your site with the bandwidth meter to make sure it will stream properly.

ah, so that is what AMS is, i have been to that site already, i just didn't know that that was what it was called.

Talking

Originally posted by Sequencer
    do you know of a good web hoster, all the ones i have found either have a huge extensions, popups, no ftp access, and crap like that.
    You can easily get some space provided free which includes FTP access w/ no ads and things like that. The trick is, you get rid of "forced advertisement". I recommend using Tripod and removing the advertisments real easily. You can get a code to remove ads or pop-ups from Tripod and other webhosts by going to http://shift_one.tripod.com.

Heres how you get FTP Access once you sign up at Tripod.
    (http://www.tripod.com)
    Host: ftp.tripod.com
    User ID: [your Tripod member name]
    Password: [your Tripod password]
    Directory: /

[Edited by MeNtAlLy iLL on 04-17-2002 at 07:08 PM]

so do you mean that it will take off the popups that the hosts put on ur site?

Originally posted by Enterfaze
    Originally posted by gdstudios
    well, there are several types of approaches you can take. Is your intro faster and more upbeat like http://www.allmediastudios.com ?
    How did you happen upon the AMS website?
    Edgen, of course.

Edgen is a frequent and very informative visitor to the FK Community. Check out the very long, but still surviving thread called "Found it." He seems like a stand-up guy who, you can tell, works very hard to impress his clients.

yeah sequencer, it will. cool huh

but can't you get in trouble with the host for doing that?

all they can do is delete your account..
    there are tons of people at tripod, they don't check every single account, if any. people have had pages up for years using that anti-add stuff and have never gotten caught or "in trouble" for it

unless your a person of morals, go for it

is there more than just what they have there? cuz all those have a crap extension... i hate it

maybe you could get the banner free url redirect/shadow.
    http://www.i85.net Free URL Redirection
    example:yoursite.i85.net
    you can make lost and lots of redirectors when you sign up.

ah..

pbleper your sig is gonna make soeone have a seizur..hehe if that's how you spell it =P

peace

resolved hi there

Originally posted by gdstudios
    if you are having trouble finding the correct threads, or you want some info on photoshop tutorials let me know. Flashkit pretty much provided me with all the information I needed to get started.

yeah i need some help how to optimize my photoshop creationion in flah 5

what kind of grahpics do you try to put in flash?

sequencer I looked at your homepage (or at least the one you had specified) and if you really cant even configure a damn open source preloader into your site then you didnt make that site but you just copied it of somewhere!!! And if you think you are great with photoshop how about you show us some proof of this instead of just pretending your a great user of photoshop!!

what the hell dude.. i made my site in notpad u dumbass. besides i'm just now getting into flash, so i don't know all that much. and when did i say that i was great at photo shop? i said that i use it alot for friends and crap like that.

exactly thats why the scripting is completely different!!

oh my god, what script? the nav dotts?