A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: no dual screen support

Owned By Code
    Why don't you just get a gforce3 with duel monitor??? The one I'm looking at (and currently saving for) has duel monitor and TV out as I like the DVD's it's $260 CDN

So that's like 5 bucks for you

flashing since v3
    FFS! i come back to work today, open up flash MX, set it to me 'dual screen' panel layout i made yesterday.... and somehow i've lost the stupid properties panel..... must have moved outside the damn res.....

how come this never happens on any other programs with panels..... macromedia should have sussed this one out by now

flashing since v3
    ... and just as i turn the layout into designer mode to see the damn properties panel, flash MX goes and crashes.... f&^% s*&^ damn

I am using an ELSA Gladiac 511 Twin. It is a single card with dual monitor support. Works well. Cant remember what I paid for it. Not a whole lot.

Originally posted by thestratman
    Thanks for the replies!

So you use two cards for your monitors? One is AGP and the other is PCI? I do some gaming on my system as well as design work so I like to have a good card for gaming. I have a GeForce3 for that reason. Are there any cards that offer dual monitor support that are as good or better than a GeForce3?

I wouldnt mind using two cards. When I tried it before, I added a GeForce2 PCI card. I couldnt find a PCI version of a GeForce3. Windows2000 didn't like the fact that I had two GeForce cards installed. I couldnt add any drivers because both cards essentially use the same drivers. So it didnt work. I have a feeling a different brand card may work in conjunction with the GeForce3. But, maybe I am going about it wrong.

Thanks again for the advice.
    Actually, I just tried something similar yesterday- I recently acquired a second monitor, and thought it'd be nice to go for a dual-monitor setup. Well, I found an old ATI 3D Rage Pro PCI video card, and threw it in my system. Booted up, XP told me it didn't want to start... My other card is a GeForce 2 MX...

So here's what I did:
    I booted in my BIOS. I told it to use the PCI card as the primary video adapter. I also tell it to automatically assign that PCI slot an IRQ, instead of forcing it to 7 like it was set- I'm not sure if that made a difference. I reboot, it uses the other monitor to boot. Then, as soon as Windows loads, it switches to the AGP card. Apparently, using the PCI as my primary forced Windows to recognize it. Windows then makes the AGP the primary, and the PCI the secondary, and all is happy! Try making your PCI the primary within your BIOS, and you may have similar luck- Tell me how it goes!

Thanks for the suggestion. I would have to pick up another card to try that out (i returned that one that I couldnt get to work). But I may end up trying that again. I will let ya know what happens if I do.

Also, Endoplasmic, you said you found a GeForce3 that has dual monitor support? Can you send me a link so I can check it out?

Thanks again!

Owned By Code
    Here's a little review... he doesn't mention if it's duel monitor.. and now I don't know for sure either... i sent him an e-mail...

http://www.pcrivals.com/reviews/vide...00/index.shtml

great little card IMO

good luck and I'll update you with my findings

here is the manufactor link:

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/v...G3Ti200Pro.htm
    [Edited by Endoplasmic on 03-19-2002 at 02:29 PM]

flashing since v3
    yeah but thats still not the topic of conversation lol.... anyone know of a bugfix for the snap to top right pixels?