dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Large Image Problem

I have a very long landscaped image that I want to be able to pan to the left and to the right using buttons. What is the best way to handle large landscaped images like this? The image is a timeline. Thanks in advance.

are you having problems with the movement and/or the image quality/size?

The movement. Basically I have this image that is 8.5 tall and 70 inches wide and I want to be able to scroll left and right on the image. What's the easies way to do that? Thanks in advance.

a simple basic Flasher would just move the image from left to right on the stage using a tween between the two end keyframes. Are you looking to continue the panning so it appears as though it is a continuous slideshow? If so, that gets a bit more complicated.

Continuous slideshow...what I have been able to do is create several keyframes and move the image slightly to the left making the image appear to move to the right. Works fine, just wanted to know if there was a better way. Is there a tutorial on this?

Thanks

let me see if I can find a example of this that I have done so you can see how to do it. Check back soon.