A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] textFormat example

Has anyone had any progress on this?

I'm programming a forum in ASP.NET, if I had the time I would implement this into the post reply and add thread (maybe in the future when the deadline isn't approaching).

Here's my version: http://www.zh-webdesign.ch/icomedia/textformat.sit

I had no time. so this is not a finished version. You can do with it whatever you want, but if the basic parts are working it would be really nice if you can send it back to me.

Fredi

Hello all,

Just about completed my text formattimg app, only really need a way of setting / maintaining the cursor position when the main text field regains focus.

I know how to get the position of the cursor in the field using:

Selection.getCaretIndex()

but cant think how to set it again on focus.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

P.s when i'm done i will make the fla available for you all, my methods are a little different to the one you have posted Subway, but then I only found this thread a few minuted ago

Originally posted by tomcorkhill

P.s when i'm done i will make the fla available for you all, my methods are a little different to the one you have posted Subway, but then I only found this thread a few minuted ago

Yeah, I totally overseen the possibility that you can change the textFormat of a selected area directly with a MM function. So of course my way is a bit more complicated.

Fredi

selecting...

Originally posted by tomcorkhill

I know how to get the position of the cursor in the field using:

Selection.getCaretIndex()

but cant think how to set it again on focus.

[/B]
    Try this

point=Selection.getCaretIndex()

Selection.setFocus(myFieldinstance);
    Selection.setSelection(point,point);

I used the Selection.getBeginIndex() and Selection.getEndIndex() because when there is just a caret, both of those are the same as getCaretindex().

On a side note, I have a problem setting the style from a caret, because it seems Flash takes the caret style from the character after the caret. So when I use the setNewTextFormat() to make the style bold, the first char typed is bold, but those after it are back to normal. Anyone have a workaround for that?

Hi Fredi,

Can you give me the link. I could not see the page from the posts. Don't think me dumb!!!!

You have given the source files in sit format... Can you give the same in zip format as I am using IBM windows.

Thanks

Hi Subway.

I am just waiting for your link and the zip version of your file....

Regards,

where is the example???

What happened to the text editor example?

Re: where is the example???

I agree, the example is gone. I realize this is an old post, but if there's some way to get the example back up there, I at least would appreciate it.

almost what I was looking for

Im looking for someone who has started development on a system like this, only one which also allows different parts of the text field to have different formats. That way you could select a word from the paragraph and then make it bold, underlined, etc.

I think it would be best if the text field could then be passed into flash as an HTML field to perserve formatting.

Hi All. I've started development on a richtext editor in flash, and it's very much behind Subways (respect!) but deals with tags in a different way, and will parse text passed into it. You are all free to download and poke around with it at

http://www.mightystuff.net/flash_richtext_editor

As i said, it's very much behind the functionality of Subways, but hopefully if others want to work on it with me, then we can crank something that can do a lot.

The problem i'm having at the moment (it's doing my head in) is running the createOutput function - which breaks the html text into character arrays