A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX Startup – Then Quit

Hello all,

Did some checking around, and didn't see a related post, so...

After downloading and installing the MX trial, it launches to what seems to be a dialog box with several choices including designer, developer, etc. – don't actually know for sure what it says because that's when it "unexpectedly quits" every time. Has anyone experienced this? I'm on a G4Cube, 800+ MB RAM, OS10.1.3 with nothing else open. I tried reinstalling, but same thing...

So close, but yet so far! Thanks for any thoughts and help.

DJanzen
    http://www.degajegroup.com

When I started up MX on my Mac G4, dual ect it would work through the intro fine. Then I would attempt to open the actions palette and "it goes boom".

So after a few restarts and a headache or two I realized it was one of the programs that cause the most conflicts on macs. ADOBE TYPE MANAGER DELUXE, or maybe even just ATM. So if you have ATM Deluxe installed open your control panels/ exstensions, disable the ATM control panel and restart. Try to open MX now. It'll probably work like a charm.

Solution for you font needs? Well until there is a patch, and probably after that I'm using Suitcase 10. Makes me smile.

NOW I just noticed that you're running os x. So I'm willing to bet it is font related, as MM has added new funct. for fonts, but I'm not sure. Try the suitcase demo and see if it fixes your issue. Let me know as well, I'm migrating to os x soon.

I'll give it a try...

Thanks therbox,

Yes I do use ATM Deluxe under OS9, but does just having it installed (even if Classic is not running) be a problem with Flash MX in X? Hmmm... I thought that OSX was going to be the "end" of having to goof around with fonts and font management, but maybe not. We were thinking to try Suitcase for X as well, as dumping a ton of loose font files into X seems to be asking for trouble. So as soon as I get a chance, I'll disable ATM Deluxe and restart X... see what happens.

I'll post back later with results.

DJanzen
    degajegroup.com

Well shoot!

I finally got a chance and disabled ATM Deluxe, restarted in OSX and launched FlashMX... same launch-only-so-far-then-quit! Must be some other thing that it does NOT like. Anyone else have any thoughts, or similar experiences? I'd hate to go back and download another 67+ MBs...

Thanks in advance,

DJanzen
    http://www.degajegroup.com