A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: projector with screen size smaller than fs

I have a project for cd that runs in projector. I am able to get the projector to play full screen but I would like it to be slightly smaller than full screen.

Is it possible to do this so that no matter what size screen the users have, the project will play approx 1 inch inside full screen with no window borders.

Any pointers appreciated, thanks

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

SWF Studio (www.northcode.com) gives you Size, Position, and scale mode control over your window which allows you to set the movie to fill a percentage of the screen.

In the snapshot above I've set the window to be displayed at 80% of the users desktop size and the movie is stretched to fit the window.

You can drag the white square (it represents the position of the window) around in the black one (the desktop) to position it where you want. You can double click on the white square to "snap" it to the center of the screen.

This sizes are calculated dynamically so will get a consistently sized border around your movie on any size screen.

[Edited by Northcode on 03-18-2002 at 09:36 PM]

Thanks for the reply northcode. However I was hoping not to use a third party tool. Is there no way to do this through the publish settings/modify movie or FS command?

You can try...

fscommand("fullscreen", "true")
    fscommand("allowscale", "true");
    _xscale = 80;
    -yscale = 80;

But that won't center the movie. The only way I know to do that in Flash 5 is with SWF Studio.

If you're using Flash MX you can use Stage.align to center the stage in the projector window. Try Stage.align = "CC". The "CC" setting is not defined, but according to the docs, any undefined value centers the movie.

I have used :

fscommand("allowscale","false");
    fscommand("fullscreen","true");
    _x = (various numbers)
    _y = (various numbers)

and am getting it close to the centre...or at least I think I am !! This leaves a background olour and my movie on top. Is there a way to make this backgound colour transparent, so you can see the desktop???

Negative. Not without a third party app