A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: *** Koolmoves 1.60 Wish List ***

Cool

I noticed that when you resize your movie, and then add a smaller bitmap, that it tiles the bitmap. It would be very nice if there was a way to give the user a choice on if it tiles the bitmap or not.

Raster graphics are not scalable without degredation and not editable in a vector program withot vectorizing them first.

The non tile feature sorta exists in 1.55 beta. Import Bitmap- the bitmap shows up in the exact size that you saved it last. Kool Moves, and Flash, works with vectors not raster graphics so you will not be able to edit it.

If you need it smaller then you would have to change the bitmap in a program that edits Raster graphics.

If the program could remember all of your settings from the last time that you used it, it would be a nice plus. If nothing else, the 'text effects directory' and the 'movie size' would be nice.

I want the bones that can rotate in 3D, folks. That would be cool. Or at least an option to use bones that rotate in 3D.

According to Bob bones probally won't be for awhile
    see this thread-

http://flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=28234

Brad

.gif and .png support. With .gif support we would also be able to import .avi files.

An easier and more user friendly way of rearanging the layers. For example, if we could click and drag the layer from the frames dropdown list on the right, that would be very user friendly. You could just click on the layer (frame), and drag it up or down to where you wanted it to be.

Super Moderator
    In Oct., I'll address this.

Smile

In text effects, it would be really nice if we could have more than one single line of text.

Also, I don't know if it's a (bug) or not, but in text effect if you choose your text effect directory before you enter text it warns you. If (for whatever reason) you do anything else "except" enter text, It will either freeze up or force you to do a control-alt-del. If you haven't saved all of your work then you're obviously screwed. I'm not sure why it has to warn you every second to enter text anyway. If you opened up that part of the program and looked for your text effect directory, then of coarse you are planning to make a text effect and will "eventually" add your text. The warning should only come up if you try to make an effect without entering some text. Just my 0.1999999 cents

Well...

If you saved your .Fun file of sparkles or a flare effect under that directory and it contains no text then you don't want to add text to that.

I usally just hit the space bar.

Perhaps what is needed is a defualt value there. It would solve the problem.

Originally posted by johnie
    Well...

If you saved your .Fun file of sparkles or a flare effect under that directory

Oh you mean there is a sparkles and flare effect??? man i'm way behind

There is on my computer. It's not an official effect.

Did you create your effect in KoolMoves?
    Curious how you did it if you did?

Brad

Yes I did it in Kool Moves, sorta.

I used bitmaps created from another graphics program- vectorized them- imported them- animated them in kool Moves and then placed them into the Kool Moves Text effects folder.

I then load the effects from the library and type [space] when it asks for my text.

Think about Transparancies and fade-in effects.

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

Originally posted by johnie
    Think about Transparancies and fade-in effects.

If I think about fade ins any more then my heads going to explode. I just learned how to do fade outs

5 minutes ago I just created these effects.

Fade-In
    Fade-Out
    Iris-In
    Iris-Out

I am going to zip them and make them available as bonus effects for Kool Moves-latter tonight.

Once the effects are installed on your computer you would be able to access them through the text effects libraries.

No more thinking about them.

the effects are here;

https://www.idrive.com/snider-john

It is a self extracting zip file. Make sure you Unzip it in your text effects folder.