A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Unspecified Feature"

Hybrid View

I don't see any useful reason for this so i'm guessing it's a (bug).

If you resize the movie to say 900x500 and add a smaller bitmap, it will tile it. Now go back in and resize the movie to something smaller like 900x400. The movie will resize but the bitmap will still show through. Is it supposed to do this?

Think of the movie size function as the size of the canvas or stage instead of a scaling feature.

Changing the size of the movie does not change the size of the images just as changing the size of a stage would not effect the size of the actors. In other words it does not scale the shapes or BMPS.

I'll look into that tile when it shouldn't thing though.

Did you change the size of the bitmap's source file? -The BMP file. You have to scale it in your raster graphic editor (MS Paint, Photo Shop, Paint Shop, ETC) before re-importing it into Kool Moves or it will tile when you scale its frame.

Well first I set my movie size. Then I added the bitmap and noticed how much bigger the movie size was so I thought i'd just make it smaller to fit the bitmap (I wanted the bitmap to fill the movie size). When I went and made the movie size smaller it made the movie size smaller but left the rest of the bitmap there (grayed out). I would have thought that the movie size would over rule anything else within it's environment, but I guess not.

Well I definitely know it's not supposed to do this. Go in and resize your movie screen a third time. It does nothing and freezes up.

Originally posted by CoolMoves
    Well first I set my movie size. Then I added the bitmap and noticed how much bigger the movie size was so I thought i'd just make it smaller to fit the bitmap (I wanted the bitmap to fill the movie size). When I went and made the movie size smaller it made the movie size smaller but left the rest of the bitmap there (grayed out). I would have thought that the movie size would over rule anything else within it's environment, but I guess not.
    No, The movie size does not scale the movie. It only changes the size that will appear in a web browser when loaded. You can hide shapes off on the sides of the rectangle if you want- I do.

Crashing-

Now that could be a bug.

Remember this;
    1. No program is 100% crash Proof.

2. Jesus and the Devil were trying to create a Power Point Presentation for God. A couple of hours latter God said Okay-I want them now. Jesus smiled and promptly turned his over to God. The devil looks at him and says, " How the Hell did you finish so quick. That damn program kept shuting down on me" to which Jesus smiled and said, " Jesus Saves!". I know its a bad joke but remember to save your work not only becuase of Point 1 but also becuase of power failures and other unforseen happenings.

Not that is a bug. I wrote about it before. I'll Find it and post the thread.

*LOL* Good joke !

Well i'm not concerned with power outages because I use a UPS but you're right about saving, and as a habit I usually do. And yes I am aware that no program is perfect, but Bob needs to know these things so he can have some fun on monday morning

I think it might have to do with where you place the bitmap, in my case the whole movie size, but I might be going outside of the 'gold' outline or something.

A note: Use the clear image button and select a color fill when you are changing bitmap fills that you have updated or delete the shape alltogether. A quirk in the program is that it will not update the image fill with the new image if it is named the same by just hitting the button. It sound like that is what happened to you.

This is a bug.

I think it might have to do with where you place the bitmap, in my case the whole movie size, but I might be going outside of the 'gold' outline or something.

could be it also. Everthing outside of the yellow box won't show in the web page unless you export only the swf- then the whole thing shows.

The idea is that you have shapes offstage and then slide them onto it.

johnie what do you think about the program called Irfanview ? I'm downloading star office now but was wondering if I should keep Irfan or not.

Have either one of you had problems with editing the points of the bitmaps? Everytime I move a point a great distance and distort the shape of the square, the program say illegal.....etc etc.

Brad

Either i'm doing this wrong or it's not woking right. Instead of making an transparent copy, shouldn't I be making a copy the color of the background? When I use the transparent copy the original bitmap naturally shows through.

Also will I be layering all of my bitmaps on top of each other, or do I somehow delete them as the movie palys? In other words, if I have 5 pictures fading in and out then would I have 10 total (5 pictures and 5 transparancies or the color of the background) showing by the time it's over.

Do you know of a place where there is a tutorial on tweening (how to do it)? Thanks

he he he , I don't use points, heck, I don't even know what they are But I'm sure johnie or Bob can help you.

I think you would delete the bitmaps as you go along.
    And check out here for some tweening info for flash may help you-

http://www.peachpit.com/features/109...l.intro01.html

Brad

Thanks Brad

Either i'm doing this wrong or it's not woking right. Instead of making an transparent copy, shouldn't I be making a copy the color of the background? When I use the transparent copy the original bitmap naturally shows through.

Also will I be layering all of my bitmaps on top of each other, or do I somehow delete them as the movie palys? In other words, if I have 5 pictures fading in and out then would I have 10 total (5 pictures and 5 transparancies or the color of the background) showing by the time it's over.

Do you know of a place where there is a tutorial on tweening (how to do it)? Thanks
    you will need to use both. The transparent one to show it and the no transparancy to hide it. Just make sure its the same shape between the frames.

johnie what do you think about the program called Irfanview ? I'm downloading star office now but was wondering if I should keep Irfan or not.
    Ifranview with the SWF plugin is a good external player. When IE 5 locks up it crashes the whole computer and I get the blue screen of death.

Ifranview isn't as big of a resource hog as IE is.

With Star Office make sure you choose intergrated view or it may confuse you.

Originally posted by BradBradleySL
    Have either one of you had problems with editing the points of the bitmaps? Everytime I move a point a great distance and distort the shape of the square, the program say illegal.....etc etc.

Brad
    When I first started using the program, yes but that was back in version 1.2x.

I haven't noticed it in the new versions.
    [Edited by johnie on 09-24-2000 at 07:07 PM]