A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Unspecified Feature"

johnie I just downloaded Star Office and chose custom set up. What should I install, and how do I chose more than one thing to install, when I use the shift key it does nothing, and there are no boxes to check off on what I want to install.

Super Moderator
    If you resize the movie to say 900x500 and add a smaller bitmap, it will tile it. Now go back in and resize the movie to something smaller like 900x400. The movie will resize but the bitmap will still show through. Is it supposed to do this?
    -> The movie frame clips the movie in the internal player and in the swf. That is all it does. You can see what is offstage in editing mode because that is useful.

How can you be refering back to ver 1.2x, we just got the ability to import bitmaps, thats what I am refering to, also I KoolMoves keeps freezing on me, when I try playing it in IE can't test my site.

Brad

Star Office Install

Two ways:

1. What I would recommend. Install the whole thing. Try it out and then go to the setup to modify the install. You can uninstall the portions you don't want. Sun has a unique set up method.

The colored blocks are installed while the B&W ones are not.

2. The other way is to Custom install just Star Draw.

Originally posted by BradBradleySL
    How can you be refering back to ver 1.2x, we just got the ability to import bitmaps, thats what I am refering to, also I KoolMoves keeps freezing on me, when I try playing it in IE can't test my site.

Brad
    1. It's not a new feature. All the new feature does is draws the rectangle for you.

2. If IE frezes I have noticed it shutting down both programs. Save often- and when IE crashes shutdown and restart and the try again. This is why I'm testing it in WINE so that I can see if Linux and Netscape is any better. The downloads for this is time consuming though.

It may have to wait untill next weekend.

If it works under Wine then Kool Moves is one of the few programs that will create SWF in Linux.

Ok your right it really isn't a new feature, but it is different, since 1.2x it was simply a bitmap fill, now it is a shape kinda, yeah with IE I don't like it, I had to restart my computer and then it worked fine. Sigh

Brad

Brad what version of IE are you running (I hope it's not 5.5).

johnie, when I choose 'copy' and then paste for some reason the copy is coming out a few pixels smaller than the original. Is there an easy way to click and drag the copy to resize it and make it a little bit bigger. The edges are showing through.

yes

select the shape and either hit the scale button or right click and under transform hit scale.

turn the grid on it tends to help.

the other way is to select the object and then hit select points. Select the points on the side you need bigger and then drag the points out. This works great for moving Limb shapes and stretching things out.

Super Moderator
    When you copy and paste within the same frame, the copied shape is offset down and right 2 pixels so you can see you did something. It is not resized.