A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Change scene sizes?

Could someone please tell me how to change the properties of individual scenes? I don't want my entire movie to be the same size. I'd like to change the size for each scene.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    As far as I know all scenes will have the same properties as it will be one swf. when you publish it. Thus, you can't set property dimensions for each scene...however, if you want certain content on ur site a particular size, put the content in a Movie Clip and scaled it to the desired size...in fact there are many ways to display content with specific dimensions in ur movie...just state ur intentions....

Flamboyant Flasher

Smile

That's great information... I was going crazy thinking there was a simple menu item somewhere and I just couldn't find it.

I'll try the Movie Clip idea. I'm new to this but I'm forced to create a site regardless... ugh. Its nothing flashy unfortunately that I'm trying here. I have one scene that just has tons of images and text in comparison to all the other scenes so I was hoping to just elongate the scene without creating scrollbars and all that.

You're great... thanks for the help!