A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is it possible to play a quicktime over a swf ?

Is it possible to play a quicktime over a swf in a webpage?

Here's the situation:
    i have a scene (swf) where i want to call a quicktime mov in a little window on that scene.
    Is there a way i can call the quicktime mov on top of my scene at a specific place (over the little window) from within flash without having to call for a pop-up?

Anyone?!?!?

With FlashMX you can. Or convert your quicktime to .swf in Adobe "After Effects" and load that swf in target.
    gparis

Well, then i guess i got to go get MX.

Merci, Genevieve.

And i can't use the 'convert into .swf' because i need the the sound of the mov aswell.

i'll try to find a solution . . .
    Thanks

Bonjour again
    you could 'extract' the sound track in QT and convert that into a 2nd swf. And see if they sync.. with the exact same frame rate they should.. or use a popup no attributes with a set _x and _y..
    all I can think of
    G.

Explications

Originally posted by gparis
    you could 'extract' the sound track in QT and convert that into a 2nd swf. And see if they sync.. with the exact same frame rate they should.. or use a popup no attributes with a set _x and _y..
    all I can think of
    G.
    ok, so i'll explain and tell me if you know a way i could make this work.
    First, the place i need to add the movie is in the profiles section (the site is the one mentioned in to 'homepage' section here).
    Now my problems:
    1- the movies i want to add are for each members in the window with the 'P' right now.
    2- if i load both in different swfs they never run syncro. and the sound has to be in syncro. with the movie (important).
    3- calling the quicktime in a popup with a attribute set _x and _y.. doesn't work because of another script i use that resizes my window to the available screen size and therefor i dont know where to place my _x and _y.
    (unless i can 'preselect' an area on top of the swf where i call the mov, but i don't know if that's possible.)
    4- i even tried to convert the sound in MP3 and import it into flash to play it in streaming with the QT/swf movie. but the results were terrible.

There, do you know anything else i could do? Or i'll go buy Flash MX tomorrow !
    haha

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

hey! tu es Ã* Montréal aussi?) cool
    first update your profile the link to homepage reads http://http://gafmedia.canadaxport.com/
    For some reason the site doesn't work on Netscape 4.7 but ok on IE5
    I saw the 'P' and the need for a precise location. I guess the pop-up is a not an option)
    load in target seems required here. Is the sound sync words or just music? .. i guess words. When exporting to swf AEffects doesn't export the sound? (I need to check that it seems weird but maybe...)
    ANyway MX is worth buying even if version 6.00 )
    gparis

I just tested in After Effects, and yes you can export to .swf with sound.
    Genevieve

can you send me an e-mail with the explaination for the AE export?
    that's probably one of the only prog. i havn't had the time to 'explore' and of course in need it now. . . c'est toujours comme ca !
    You're in montreal to?

thanks and for the profile to !

.. talking about profile.. what's your email? :))
    oui je suis Beaubien/St-Laurent
    G.

sorry 'bout that

gafmedia@sympatico.ca