A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem With Flash Button Text

I am having problems getting my my mouse-over animation on a button to finish playing after the mouse pointer is not on it anymore. Here is the example:

http://www.freezepc.com/test

Did I stump everyone?? I need some answeres people

i didnt see anything wrong with it. What does it do that it shouldnt do? You say the animation doesnt stop playing...but it does (unless it is a delayed effect)

please be a little more specific

i think what he's getting at, at least what I noticed on his site, is that when you mouseover...obviously the animation starts, but if you remove the mouse from the button before the animation finishes, the animation doesn't complete.

what I gather is that he would like the animation to complete, even if the mouse is no longer over the button.

Yes, I want the animation to finish even if you take the mouse off of the button really quick, anyone know how?

bump

I think maybe that you need to use an invisible button which has some action script attatched to it telling it to
    on (press) {gotoAndPlay (movieclip-your name);} this takes it to a different bit on the timeline where you have labelled the movie clip

That way because the animation is seperate from the button I think it would carry on after you mouse off the where the button is?

Just maybe this would work

Peter

I tried it, unless I'm doing it wrong, I get the same result, the animation stops when the mouse leavs it. Any other imput?

Hi

Im a bit of a novice but I have done something very similar so Ild try and explain better how I got it to work in my case

Within a movie clip (only so that I could use it in several places)

On top line I had a "stop" action on frame 1 and frame 5

On second line I had a keyframe at frame 2 and 6 with diferent frame labels

On third line, On Frame 5 I had an animated movie clip inserted. ( Because at that frame above the actionscript had a stop it played all way through)

I also had a tweened animation on line 4 between frames 2
    and frame 8
    and on the bottom line I had the button betwenen frame 1 and frame 8 with actionscript on rollover to go to frame label on frame 2, and on rolloff to frame label on frame 6.

So in effect this had a movie clip playing at frame 5 and also a tweened movie playing beteen frame 2 |& 8

Maybe this will help

Kelmark