A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: publishing quaility question

hello

I would like to know what are the best publishing settings to use when aming for a clear image in a gif. format?

I think I have tried every combination of the settings, but when i preview the image it appeares to be pixelated reguardless of the different settings. And sometimes when the gif. image is uploaded to a site, they just don't compare with the swf. images.

thx, missy14

Dose anyone even know if this is achievable?

There are a lot of factors that determine what quality your picture looks like when published. The first thing is you have two choices when it comes to compression in Flash Lossless(PNG/GIF) or JPEG Usually when you create something in Photoshop or whatever you use you use GIF's for logos & text. Pictures are usually exported as JPEG or PNG files.
    I would export your graphics/pictures as very good quality (little or no compression) and use Flash's JPEG compression. You will have to test out what level of JPEG compression to use and just experiment until you find a good balance between File size & quality. Hope this helps!