dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLASH MX: Project VIRUS [experimental]

Re: UPDATED & FIXED

Originally posted by AmOklaeufele2
    Question: You can link with "emailto:?body=xxxyyy". How can I make a new line in this thing ? f.e. that the y's are on a new line ? Thanks in advance for the answer.
    try this:

mailto:info@mydomain.com?body=xxx%0D%0Ayyy

you need both %0D and %0A so that it will work on different platforms (it's a linebreak/carriage return combination (or possibly the other way round ))

- n.

;-(

It does not work.... It displays the %0D%0A thing in the email.

hmmm. works fine here (Outlook Express 6, IE 6, Win2k).
    probably a platform/browser/email program issue.

if you have access to server side scripting (which clearly you do), why not send the email from a script rather than using the 'mailto'?

- n.

where does it work fine ?

where does it work fine ? on my application or your testing ? if it's your testing, then it would be great if you could send some script to me.

Hmm, yeah at the beginning I did that, but I decided to change a little bit, so the user does not get 2 emails at once.

just in my testing

actually, I just typed it into a browser location bar, hang on, I'll give it a go from getURL...

ok, this works fine from button action in Flash 5 and MX (latter provided you publish to browser):

Code:
    on(release)
    {
       getURL("mailto:my@info.com?body=xxx%0D%0Ayyy");
    }
    Is your current version live with that code? Do you want me to try it there to? What do I have to do?

- n.

Tristan,

What email client are you using? The octal codes %0D%0A work on the most popular clients, i.e., Outlook,. Netscape, etc.

rt

resolved darn...

It's not working...

both Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5, can't display those things...they simply put out the stuff. ARRGH!!!

Testing Email

I need some feedback for the "Truth" website. Mainly I want to know if you click on "Click here to tell a friend" works fine. (So, that the email looks fine) and if not, I would be very pleased if someone can tell me where I did the error.

http://www.cyrax.ch/virus/thetruth.html

Hi,

it works fine for me - line breaks and everything.