A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading various movies

Red face

Please help. I have 6 different swf file i.e movies. Each movie is on a different level the first movie being the base level 0.
    Any time I load a movie form lower level to upper level everything is fine but whenever
    I go from a upper level to a lower level
    for a while the base movie that is the first movie shows and then the other movie loads. Unloading the first movie does not work also.
    Please help since we have spent 16 hours aleady trying to figure it out

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

When I build sites using levels, I load them once and just have a blank frame that I send the moive to so it is invisible. When I want to call the movie again its just sitting there waiting to start. Its also much easier to keep track of what you have going on in each level. So I have no clue of what is going on. I would think you should be able to load and unload at will in every level. Check your code ( where you call the different movies). More than likely its somthing there. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>