A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Plasma?

I just rec'd my box copy of MX and while poking around in the 3rd party goodies folder there is an "Plasma Importer" from Discreet. The readme file says:

"Plasma™ is a new program from Discreet® dedicated to providing the very best 3d tools tailored to the web page design and development community. Included with plasma is an advanced Flash renderer from Ideaworks3d™ which takes excellent advantage of the latest version of Flash MX. For further information about plasma please visit http://www.discreet.com."

As you might expect there is no such mention of this product on Discreet's site. Does anybody know more about it?

oops our bad.

Oh, I'm sorry we sent you out the wrong box. Kindly pack everything back up and send it back to our "special" address.
    Flash MX Returns
    1234 MYHOUSE #101
    MyTown, Ca. 93560

Heheheheh......

Well I just got this reply from Discreet on the 3D Studio Board:

"Looks like Flash MX got into the hands of users a few days faster than we expected. Discreet will be making full disclosure on plasma shortly, so if you could just give us a little time to make sure we get it right when we roll out this great new item we would all really appreciate it."

Aaron

hey alee

i could not find anything about PLASMA in discreet.com

Just where did you see it?

I ordered MX on CD and I got it yesterday. It's in the Goodies directory on the CD. Like the guy from Discreet said they're going to announce something shortly...We hope.