A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Zooming Movie Clip?

I have a simple floor plan that I made into a movie clip... I then created various buttons to zoom the floor plan in and out the following is the script I'm using....

on (press) {
    setProperty ("/MainFloor", _xscale, obj_scale+200);
    setProperty ("/MainFloor", _yscale, obj_scale+200);
    }

MainFloor is my movieclip floor plan but It's not doing anything when I push the button....

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks... Kevin

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    Your syntax is incorrect, that's all. Take the obj_ +scale out of the syntax...thus, go into normal mode and fill out the parameters...ur code should be

on (release) {
    setProperty("MainFloor", _x, "200");
    setProperty("MainFloor", _x, "200");
    }

Still No Zoom

Well I tried what you said and for some reason It's still not working??

Wierd?

Thanks... Kevin

something is amiss obviously...post ur code again for the buttonz and/or send me the fla. ;I'll peruse it to see what's the ado...

I fixed ur fla..the problem was that you didn't give the Movie Clip Floorplan1 an instance... name...flash mandates that you give every MC an instance name, and use must use that instance name when referring to an Mc in actionscript. I gave your Mc the instance name floor1; check out the code...I explained this to you in the forum e-mail I sent you...I tried to send the fla via the e-mail address on ur e-mail to no avail...4 sum reazon the mail wouldn't go thru...in any event send me an e-mail address to send u back ur fla...now all you need is a button thats scales the floorplan back to its normal size...lata bro...I got flashing 2 do....